• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jason LaCanfora: Panthers potential landing spot for Raiders QB Derek Carr

TheSpecialJuan

9 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

So he gets benched and quits? We already had one Carr here towards the end of their career…would rather roll with Darnold 

Yeah Darnolds knock was his turnovers. Carr is a turnover machine this year for whatever reason. Plus leaving the team when he's benched to not be a distraction seems like maybe more of a distraction than just sitting on the bench like most other guys deal with?

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Yeah Darnolds knock was his turnovers. Carr is a turnover machine this year for whatever reason. Plus leaving the team when he's benched to not be a distraction seems like maybe more of a distraction than just sitting on the bench like most other guys deal with?

Derek Carr sucks. 4-5 years ago he was respectable, but the dude has been crying at press conferences this year and gets benched because he blows and leaves the team. Hard fuging pass come on now 

• Pie 4

For me the ship hasn’t sailed on Darnold yet.  It can take time, setbacks and some humility for a player to reach their full potential.  He has two more games and a potential playoff game(s) to CHANGE his life and the narrative.  He’s fully aware of this, and IMO he’s earned the opportunity.  Personally, I’m going to judge Sam on what’s he’s doing now, not what he did last year or prior.  

It’s going to play itself out so there’s no point in conjecture.  If he continues to play well and show growth he will be in the conversation.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

3 hours ago, pantherclaw said:

Only way I'd want him is on a vet mom. Contract, without promising the starting position.  

Really depends on the vet's mom. 

Only way I see it is if the Raiders release him and we could sign him to a short term, reasonable deal.  That reasonable deal isn't happening and Carr doesn't want short term so not going to happen.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1