• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jim Harbaugh has convo with David Tepper

Daeavorn

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

That is really gonna be an issue with any of the non-offensive guru candidates, TBH.

What almost no candidate has is the established track record of success that Harbaugh does.

His OC/DC during his 49er days were Vic Fangio and Greg Roman.   Fangio is available, I think and Roman is about to lose Jackson in Baltimore, so he may be willing to walk.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • The D 1

5 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

Jim using Tepper as leverage to get a stupid amount of money from Denver is his best play here 

Which is probably what’s happening here

Maybe, but I dunno, man. I don't think Denver is a good situation. Unless Harbaugh is absolutely sure he can help Russ bounce back. I see that more as a Payton thing than a Harbaugh thing.

3 minutes ago, stbugs said:

No to number 3 at pick 8 or 9. Sorry but the history of 1st round TEs is terrible. Hockenson is finally having a really good year in his fourth year. The top 8 TEs this year are Hockenson, two 3rd rounders, two 2nd rounders, one 5th rounder, one 4th rounder and one 1st rounder that was signed as a FA after a disappointing 5 years with the team who drafted him. Njoku is #9, but he’s had a pretty disappointing 6 years. The next 6 TEs are 2nd, 4th, 5th, 3rd, UDFA and 2nd.

Three 1st round picks in the top 15 TEs by yards and one of the three is having a good year with a new team. Until this year, all 3 of the 1st round TEs were disappointing based on being 1st round picks. History isn’t kind to the past decade of 1st round TEs.

Yea, I'm in the "never draft a TE high ever" camp.

• Pie 3

1 hour ago, TheWiz said:

It feels hella disrespectful to be talking to coaches about a vacancy while you have a head coach preparing the team for a game. This conversation couldnt wait ONE WEEK? 

Pat McAfee had a really good analogy about how the NFL works - he compared players (and by extension coaches) to a stick of gum.

A team will chew you until the flavour is gone then spit you out and reach for another stick - it might not be as flavourful, but they'll always be more gum.

It's a cutthroat business - everyone who's in the league knows this. 

Edited by OldhamA
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 2

1 minute ago, mav1234 said:

Maybe, but I dunno, man. I don't think Denver is a good situation. Unless Harbaugh is absolutely sure he can help Russ bounce back. I see that more as a Payton thing than a Harbaugh thing.

Yeah neither do I. I don’t think the Harbaugh/Tepper meeting leak is by mistake though. Have it known you just met with maybe the most aggressive, wealthiest owners in the league right out of the gate 

• Pie 2

23 minutes ago, CarolinaNCSU said:

Sign Harbaugh 

Sign Brady

Draft Meyer in the first 

Superb owl

LOL, if Brady is anywhere else besides TB next year it'll probably be with the Raiders, seeing as how his old buddy McDaniel is the head coach there.  Also could see him going to the 49ers for a year.  Unless hes just always dreamed of playing for Harbaugh or something I don't see that happening.  

Stranger things have happened in the NFL though, so who the hell really knows?

• Beer 2

2 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

Yeah neither do I. I don’t think the Harbaugh/Tepper meeting leak is by mistake though. Have it known you just met with maybe the most aggressive, wealthiest owners in the league right out of the gate 

oh definitely. Harbaugh is cunning and I have no doubt he has a plan for all of this in one way or another.