• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Disappointing player of the year award?

WarPanthers89

3 hours ago, ECHornet said:

This. Compared to expectations going into the season, I don’t know how anyone chooses a different answer. 

1. Baker

2. Robbie

3. Keith Taylor

4. Higgins

5. Chinn

Some of us got blasted for saying Baker was garbage and had no expectations of him.

Granted he was even worse than I thought.

Same with Robbie.

I’m not sure if it’s homerism or new fans or giving benefit of the doubt to a rediculous degree but our fans e has this weird quirk of agreeing with literally everything being done just for being a fan.

But sometimes the writing is already on the wall and your favorite franchise just sucks at making decisions.

Which leads me to Chinn. He just isn’t used right.

Henderson, Mayos, Thomas all more realistic answers for me.

I didn’t have expectations from Taylor as a late pick by my god he is just complete trash.

6 hours ago, onmyown said:

I didn’t have expectations from Taylor as a late pick by my god he is just complete trash.

That’s fair for his rookie year. Since he showed flashes during his rookie year, I think the expectations of many rose some for his sophomore campaign. I at least expected to see some of the potential, but it was just a rough year all around. Maybe he’ll show something on Sunday. I haven’t given up on him yet and think he should probably make a move to safety this off-season. 

10 hours ago, Floppin said:

Baker Mayfield

this should be the very first one anyone thinks of. 

i doubt anyone was expecting him to be all-pro and a few thought he would suck, but i think most thought that he would be at the very least serviceable and not just plain horrible, which he was. i mean who thought that we would be cutting him half way through the year. through training camp, i mean we thought we had found a fairly OK QB. 

talk about a disappointment. it doesn't matter what he's doing in LA. He wasn't doing anything close to that here. blame it on whoever or whatever you want, he was a huge disappointment here.

• Pie 1

I need to see Chinn under new management before I can believe he can't return to his rookie year. SS or Lber, the FS BS needs to end and Woods isn't good enough to hold that spot so we need to do somethings to clean up the safety positions. 

Jackson had a disappointing year for a guy who signed his big contract. Thomas is still not good. Henderson is still disappointing. Horn is still not healthy. YGM is a ghost usually who disappoints. CMC only had 393 rush yards when traded, 65.5 per game, that was disappointing. RA was RA so disappointment is his middle name. Baker played his worst ever here, well below limited expectations. 

There are some passes due to poor coaching and poor management but that doesn't completely alleviate the disappointment left after this year. I hope everyone comes into next year fired up and ready to turn it around. 

• Pie 2

9 hours ago, Move the Panthers to Raleigh said:

Brian Burns

How is 12.5 sacks on a rookie deal salary a top disappointment? Is he Julius Peppers level HOF career so far? No not at all but some people act like he is the world's worst player ever and that could not be further from the truth. The guy is good and can play. Would I pay him the highest salary for his position in the league? Nope, but the dude definitely deserves higher than a rookie salary when he comes up. Will he take a deal that is good but not the best in the NFL when his time comes? Who knows but I hope so and am happy to take that gamble that we keep versus lose him. He is getting better every year. Next season o fully expect even more sacks and more improvement. He is not a Nick Bosa but he damn sure is not a disappointment.

• Pie 2