• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Just a question.;

WOW!!

Nope , don't forget Wilkes right hand man - Al Holcomb

"Steve and I first came together in 2013 when I first came here to Carolina. I was a linebacker coach and we hit it off right away. Philosophically, we're in the same ballpark. How we coach the players, our attention to detail, how we prepare all of those things from a staffing standpoint, we just hit it off. Developed a great relationship inside the building and outside the building and then when he had the opportunity to go to Arizona, he kind of invited me to go with him and I took advantage of the opportunity. It's been a good journey. We've become pretty close."

Edited by NcPsa10
+
  • The D 1

38 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

No.  The main gripe I have about Wilks is even if he let's McApoo go, no legit OC is coming here.  Back to Rivera ball we go.  I'm done with that.

Wilks got a bad team to start playing like an average one. Which is impressive. But I do not think he has the best chance to take this team from an average one to a good one.

• Pie 4
  • Flames 1

Truth is Wilkes did a great job juggling 3 different qbs and managing that room. I figure with a stud qb and good offensive coordinator he could do very well.  He has the head coach part down and can learn to be more like Riverboat and trust the offense if he has one.  I don't think we have seen his ceiling. But I also won't be sad if we pick someone else. As long as we make a good choice.

• Pie 2

No ones knows, but I thank Wilks for giving us something to actually watch. 

He did well as an interim with a staff/roster that largely wasn’t his. 

We didn’t make the playoffs, and we won the last game when the season was already over, so people are salty. But he did well. 

The people shitting on Wilks are probably the same people who poo on Burns after we didn’t trade him. 

It’s more about other things than personally about the man himself. 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 2