• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Coaching interview updates

Mr. Scot

3 hours ago, Camp Fodder said:

If Wilks is hired does that mean all the current coaches are still employed unless Wilks fires them?

If Wilkes is retained it is probably already determined what coaches would be dismissed. I am pretty sure Wilkes would notify them since he hired them. (Someone correct me if I am wrong).

I do hope we keep Campen and Chris Tabor.

• Beer 2

12 hours ago, GOAT said:

why don't people want Payton??

Because he's overrated. He had a HOF QB for 14 years and only won one SB that was gifted to them because of a storm. 

Also, No head coach has ever won a SB with two different teams, so statistically it's really unlikely that he'd be great here, especially without a Drew Brees and the ability to run an illegal bounty program.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

45 minutes ago, Khaki Lackey said:

Because he's overrated. He had a HOF QB for 14 years and only won one SB that was gifted to them because of a storm. 

Also, No head coach has ever won a SB with two different teams, so statistically it's really unlikely that he'd be great here, especially without a Drew Brees and the ability to run an illegal bounty program.

This. Bountygate aside, if you're hiring Payton I'd want to be pairing him with a legit, established QB. Of the current openings, Denver makes the most sense by miles. You already have your entire franchise mortgaged into Russell Wilson.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

This. Bountygate aside, if you're hiring Payton I'd want to be pairing him with a legit, established QB. Of the current openings, Denver makes the most sense by miles. You already have your entire franchise mortgaged into Russell Wilson.

Imagining Russ and Cap'n Vicodin crashing and burning in Denver is magically delicious.

• Pie 4
  • Flames 1

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Agree. Johnson or Steichen are coaches I want because if we bring in a rookie they have proven they can build an offense around said rookie. 
Heck there is a chance, however slim, that if we don’t get a QB our coach could develop Corral. Again, not saying it will happen. Because I think Corral is what he is, a third round pick with a backup ceiling. But you never know. 
Payton hasn’t had to develop a QB so we have no idea if he can. 

• Beer 2

12 hours ago, GOAT said:

why don't people want Payton??

he paid players to intentionally injure and end the careers of other players. he should be out of the league permanently. if we hire him, it means we approve of that behavior, and i have a big problem with that.

Edited by Mother Grabber
  • Pie 5
  • Beer 1

If we could hire Payton off the street and all it cost was Tepper's cash, I'd be all for it. Giving up more draft assets and especially to a division rival that can help them climb out of the roster and cap hole they've built isn't appealing to me though. I'd prefer to keep the picks and hope we hit on Johnson or Steichen paired with a Fangio/Vance Joseph type DC candidate.

• Pie 2
  • Poo 1

13 minutes ago, UNCrules2187 said:

If we could hire Payton off the street and all it cost was Tepper's cash, I'd be all for it. Giving up more draft assets and especially to a division rival that can help them climb out of the roster and cap hole they've built isn't appealing to me though. I'd prefer to keep the picks and hope we hit on Johnson or Steichen paired with a Fangio/Vance Joseph type DC candidate.

I definitely understand this 

• Pie 2