• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So which QB do we think will be available at #9?

NAS

I think everyone assumes CHI finds a dance partner to trade out of 1. I think the Bears set the comp too high and nobody moves into that slot. CHI isn't taking a QB, so Indy should be fine at 4 unless they are dead-set on "their guy". 

• 1 - Chicago stays put and takes BPA (Anderson or Carter),
  • 2 - Houston takes Young
  • 3 - Arizona takes BPA (Anderson or Carter)
  • 4- Indy takes Levis 
  • 5 - Seattle likes to trade back and Fitts taps into his old team to jump Vegas for a QB

We take Stroud at 5, give up our 60th pick, 2023 4th and a 2024 3rd to move up to 5. Still have our 40th overall and our third rounder this year to add a couple of starters.  

To answer OPs question, I think the only QB that's available at 9 is Richardson.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

Respect for him if he returns to Ohio State to win the national championship.  And if that is what he wants to do, he should 100% do it.

But I really really really hope he thinks it through.  You never know what can happen.  And while I do think since he plays QB, an injury wouldn't hurt him as much as it would others at another position (Tua still went top 5)... you never know.  

• Beer 1

Once AR15 and Levis go through the post season workout activities BOTH could also go before we pick.  They should impress people and there are a lot of teams looking to restart at QB.  If that does happen we will probably be forced to take BPA and wait another year if we don’t trade up.

I think we will trade up and everyone better hope we get the right guy.  It will be really expensive in term of assets.

Edited by Shocker

42 minutes ago, Soul Rebel said:

I think everyone assumes CHI finds a dance partner to trade out of 1. I think the Bears set the comp too high and nobody moves into that slot. CHI isn't taking a QB, so Indy should be fine at 4 unless they are dead-set on "their guy". 

• 1 - Chicago stays put and takes BPA (Anderson or Carter),
  • 2 - Houston takes Young
  • 3 - Arizona takes BPA (Anderson or Carter)
  • 4- Indy takes Levis 
  • 5 - Seattle likes to trade back and Fitts taps into his old team to jump Vegas for a QB

We take Stroud at 5, give up our 60th pick, 2023 4th and a 2024 3rd to move up to 5. Still have our 40th overall and our third rounder this year to add a couple of starters.  

To answer OPs question, I think the only QB that's available at 9 is Richardson.

This is what I'm thinking as well.  

That scenario could even happen if Indy trades to 1.  I just don't see anyone between us and SEA being THAT aggressive for a QB.  Raiders seem to be targeting vets, ATL has Ridder and could be a Carr candidate, SEA and DET may stand pat.  And it would be a fortune for anyone to move that high further down than us.  

The first 4 could shuffled around but still think it could be Anderson, Carter, Levis & Young in any particular order.  

What it all comes back to is this Young, Stroud, Levis debate for the teams.  The scenario operates under the assumption Indy and/or HOU will favor Levis over Stroud.  But if we really want to secure a guy, if and Chicago doesn't move, I think we may have to trade with Arizona and not rely on Indy screwing up.  

27 minutes ago, Mage said:

Respect for him if he returns to Ohio State to win the national championship.  And if that is what he wants to do, he should 100% do it.

But I really really really hope he thinks it through.  You never know what can happen.  And while I do think since he plays QB, an injury wouldn't hurt him as much as it would others at another position (Tua still went top 5)... you never know.  

That would be insane. 

If he doesn't go for the draft, wonder if it makes Cameron Ward declare.  With the amount of guy returning, that could assure a guy like Ward to be QB3 or 4 off the board.