• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Could anything make you quit the team?

Brooklyn 3.0

The guys that said they would leave if Payton were hired are all talk. Hell, one is a mod. Just because of what was said if Payton were hired and I were zod I would just remove his mod privileges to help him on our the door since he would quit on his team that easy. In actuality we all know they are all talk and neither of them will actually leave if Payton were hired. People are quick to say what the will do if something happens they don't like but they almost never act on it. It is simply their way of trying to look tough by drawing a line in the sand. 

I Don't like Payton but must admit he is a heck of a good coach and if wmhe were hired I would still be a fan regardless.

I think when I pull for and have a history or tie with a team I stick no matter what.  NC State is the school I graduated from and the Panthers are the team from my hometown.  Both are mired in mediocrity and seem to promise disappointment rather than success but both of them are “my teams”. That’s bigger than a new owner hiring a stupid coach or having a shiity QB.  

just my view.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

Like it’s been said; I’ve got one foot in and one foot out, but it has nothing to do with what anyone has done. I’m just losing interest in football. I only watch Panthers football. I cannot sit through and watch an entire game when it comes to other teams, even in the playoffs. I can watch the Super Bowl, but it’s mainly because I’m around others in a party atmosphere. 

Id quit the panthers and football if the panthers ever left. I have no interest or desire to start over with another franchise. I’ve already witnessed and heard the NFL/Panthers take part in practices that don’t align with my values or beliefs, and I’ve still stuck with it, so it would be a lie if I told you something like racist practices, misogyny, etc would take me away. I’d feel a way, but I’ll still watch. It’s sad, but my love of the game got me hooked back then and it’s kept me around so far. 

• Beer 1

10 hours ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

Two posters have said today that they are done with the Panthers if we were to hire Sean Payton. I don't know if I believe they'd actually walk away from being a fan though. So the question is simple ... is there anything the team could realistically do that would make you say bye?

I'll always be a fan. However, Jake's meltdown back in the day turned me from a rabid Panthers fan into the calm almost casual fan I am today.

I could see myself drop one tier lower though, which probably means not watching every game and not even bothering to know who our starters are.

What would that be?

HC: Wilks

DC: Holcomb

OC: McAdoo or Brian Johnson

1st Round Pick: Anthony Richardson

What say you, Huddle?

If the team were to move outside the Carolinas or if they try to remove the connection of the team to both Carolinas like I've some NC fans arrogantly wishing for. Outside of that, it'd be hard for me to think of something. There likely are some scenarios but I can't picture them right now.

Yeah if they hired Payton (or Gregg Williams, for that matter but he has mostly fallen out of the league at this point) I'm gone as well. I'm not sure if it'd be permanent, maybe just until the end of his head coaching tenure because I do love this team's history to death pre-Tepper, but I can't support any team with either of those two on the sideline. Other than that, relocation out of NC is probably about the only other thing that'd make me consider it. Maybe Tepper going fug it and naming himself GM but that seems very unlikely from what we've seen so far; he thankfully doesn't seem like another Mike Brown/Jerry Jones type at least.

My fandom has been dwindling for a while now, I find myself forgetting the games are even on from time to time nowadays though I do still at least tune in and watch bits and pieces of the majority of them. Prior to 2018, I didn't miss a single game from the day I became a fan up to that point until I didn't tune into one late in the year when Cam's shoulder was obviously falling off and Ron wouldn't bench him and ever since then it's been a downward trajectory. At the very least, it comforts me knowing some of y'all are still so enthusiastic about the team.

Edited by beo

Only really if the team moved, but the amount I'm invested depends on how well or poorly the team is ran.  I I used to attend games frequently.  I haven't been to a game since Tepper has owned the team and won't until we hire a coach that has some imagination.  I'm tired of this team being ran like a KMart that has an unlimited bank roll.  The team needs to stop living past.

• Pie 1

If they ever have back to back winning seasons they are dead to me… But seriously, if they moved out of state would be about the only thing. I’m pretty much over the NFL so I doubt I’d start rooting for another team. Definitely couldn’t go back to being a Saints fan. Looks like I am similar to a lot on here in that I’m nowhere near the fan I used to be. I keep up on here more than I actually watch games anymore. Even if they were to get dramatically better I probably wouldn’t watch significantly more. I just have better ways to spend my Sundays.

• Beer 1

It would be more along the lines of a series of mistakes, rather than 1 single error. There is a good bit of history invested here, but that can always be overcome and undone. I am hoping our current status is an opportunity to change our trajectory. Jaguars would be the next geographically closest team for me, and they aren't terribly appealing.

I was another Rhule season away from checking out like I did in 2001. I didn’t stop liking the Panthers, I just wasn’t interested at all after like week 7 or 8 when we got blown out by the Rams then barely lost to SF.

I guess if the team moved I would quit my fandom. I would still watch football but it wouldn’t be the same. 

Edited by Cdparr7
  • Pie 2

For me, it's if the team moved. I already live outside the Carolinas, so my attachment to it is based on my family being there and my time living there. If it moved elsewhere, I'd probably switch to a team in my region so I could actually watch games on TV, not be the only person at the bar rooting for my team, and have the option to go to see them in person with some regularity.

Outside of that, it's if the team did something that just doesn't align with my moral compass at all. Deshaun Watson would have done it. It's only a sportsball team, and I don't believe it's worth compromising my values in order to support. I could always take up crochet.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1