• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Trading for Sean Payton vs Settling for Steve Wilks

Trading for Sean Payton vs Settling for Steve Wilks  

91 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Trading for Sean Payton
    • Settling for Steve Wilks

My gut feeling, with Johnson's withdraw is that its gonna come down to this.

On one hand, you have the "fug it, lets just go to Chili's, I don't care anymore" head coach hire in Steve Wilks. Might make a playoff appearance here and there, but divisional round at best. On the other hand you have the bounty man himself and frequent Walgreens shopper Sean Payton, and you have to give the Saints draft pick(s) to get him. But he'd arguably be the best HC in Panthers history.

Who do you pick

• Beer 1

this seems like my worst case scenario.  And I think Payton is just using us.  Nor do I want him. 

I don't want an old school DC.  That's Wilks.  Too conservative.  You can't change it. 

and Payton is horrible.  He is Sean Payton. 

• Pie 2
  • Flames 3

44 minutes ago, Wanderlai said:

Maybe we go full Hornets and trade for Ron lol

lol that would be the most charlotte sports thing ever to bring back sh*tty former coaches in BOTH the sports here. At least Clifford is leading the tank train for Wemby. Luck out in the lottery to get him and bring Miles back next year with a new HC and the Hornets could actually be good for the first time in forever.

• Pie 3

14 minutes ago, Green-Ghost said:

I vote Sean Payton.  However, if there is a 3rd option for a proven coach, I might go that route to save draft choices.

as a Saints fan, I know that he can make the Panthers a powerhouse.  Especially if he brings in Taysom Hill.

Yall can keep Taysom Hill.

• Pie 4

1 hour ago, t96 said:

lol that would be the most charlotte sports thing ever to bring back sh*tty former coaches in BOTH the sports here. At least Clifford is leading the tank train for Wemby. Luck out in the lottery to get him and bring Miles back next year with a new HC and the Hornets could actually be good for the first time in forever.

Man, this city deserves Wemby.  

As crazy as it sounds, he'd be an even bigger star than Cam Newton.  Potential to be the greatest Charlotte pro player ever.  Prayers that he can stay healthy at his size though.

Knowing our luck though I bet we don't get him.

Edited by Mage
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1