• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

New Coach Thread 2: Electric Boogaloo

Ricky Spanish

6 minutes ago, carpanfan96 said:

Once Arizona gets that interview out of the way, the Payton situation I think settles fairly quickly. 

I suspect that it doesn't actually "settle" itself until Arizona, Denver and Carolina all announce their head coaches. Then I think all the media speculation about Payton will be over.

It's too juicy of a story for them not to keep egging it on.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I suspect that it doesn't actually "settle" itself until Arizona, Denver and Carolina all announce their head coaches. Then I think all the media speculation about Payton will be over.

It's too juicy of a story for them not to keep egging it on.

What I meant was that's it for his interviews and if someone is going to jump out in front or he decides on returning to Fox that I think it will happen quickly. 

• Pie 1

Just now, carpanfan96 said:

What I meant was that's it for his interviews and if someone is going to jump out in front or he decides on returning to Fox that I think it will happen quickly. 

I think it may not happen the way we think. I think it may be that the teams involved just move on with their searches while Payton and his agent keep chumming the water with all this BS to try and drive up interest that may not be there.

But, it might also work. Rhule snagged Tepper on some similar BS and the Giants balked at Rhule when he tried to get more. 

22 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Steichen and Fangio would be a fuging God send

You have to think that it is possible Steichen was the guy from the get go. That's potentially why Johnson dropped from the race. He only wanted the Panthers job but its probably known within the league circles that we are going for Steichen. The Fangio interview happened before Johnson dropped, right?

1 minute ago, TheCasillas said:

You have to think that it is possible Steichen was the guy from the get go. That's potentially why Johnson dropped from the race. He only wanted the Panthers job but its probably known within the league circles that we are going for Steichen. The Fangio interview happened before Johnson dropped, right?

Yeah, it happened like over the weekend and then the following Tue/Wed Johnson dropped. That was also around the time we were being linked to Payton pretty heavily though.

1 hour ago, HPPantherzfan said:

Tepper is learning on the job.  All the hate he gets from some of this fan base is overblown.  I don't know anyone that goes into any job and masters it right away

5-6yrs and the dumb moves and non moves keep coming.

The honeymoon is well over. This is who we've got.

He's far far from mastery of anything football.

7 minutes ago, HPPantherzfan said:

I respectfully disagree with this statement

Ok. Give me results. Results on the field since he has owned the team? I beg to differ, the product on the FOOTBALL field has continued to regress and he refuses to do sane and rational things.

• Pie 1

5 hours ago, Wolfcop said:

3 straight NFCS titles and 15-1 wasn’t a bad stretch. May have gotten back to the top had Cam not gotten injured. Mistakes were made, yes, but Wilks isn’t Rivera. He is his own self who really hasn’t been given a fair shake with his own plan. 1 year in AZ with that roster? Taking over for a failure of a coach here? Things may look much different if he is given a fair shot. 

wilks is literally rivera's clone.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1