• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

REPORT: CJ Stroud is reportedly the “apple” of the Carolina Panthers’ eye at the moment.

11 hours ago, Shocker said:

He probably goes top 2 which means we probably don’t get him.  Don’t see Chicago dropping to 9.

They can probably just go down to 4 and still get one of the defenders they need.

I think a move up to 5 for Levis seems more likely 

I think Panthers should do something similar to what Philly did when they drafted Wentz. Philly was 13 but traded up to 8th and then 2nd overall. Chicago, Houston, Ariz may not want to drop all the way down to 9 but maybe only a couple of spots to 5,6,or 7. Maybe Panthers trade to 5 or 6 and then leverage that pick to get #1 or #3 pick. 

• Pie 2

7 hours ago, stbugs said:

I appreciate you back tracking. I know it’s too late. We won’t get that Rams offer again. Again, just think it’s ironic that Burns was off limit yet his trade package would basically be equivalent to what we’d have to give up for a QB, which is somehow acceptable now.

Again, the picks for CMC are equivalent of pick 44 and that is certainly not enough to trade up to guarantee getting Stroud.

Your allegiance to what's akin to the Kelly blue book is...something. The trade value of Stroud and anyone else is NOT determined by the draft trade chart, it's determined by people and teams---the market. Strict adherence to a chart does not exist. 

4 hours ago, RJK said:

That Georgia game cemented Stroud as QB1 this draft. It’ll take a lot to move up and get him 

Honestly, I think the game was more about the Dawgs fuging up om defense than Stroud, but we'll see. I don't think that serious NFL types will look at one game as determinative in their decision making.

8 hours ago, stbugs said:

What in the world are you talking about? The Rams trade was 2023 2nd (pick 36), a 2024 1st and 2025 1st. All 3 picks can be used to trade in the 2023 draft. So in terms of value, the Rams pick 36 is worth more than our pick 39 which is worth more than the combined value of the CMC trade equivalent to pick 44. People in this thread were talking about us having to trade our two seconds, pick 9 and next year’s 1st and 2nd and/or 2025 1st.

You are just talking out of your ass now. The Rams offered us those picks and there is no reason we couldn’t use those picks to move up in the 2023 draft and the Rams picks would have been sufficient to move up while CMC’s picks aren’t even close.

This would have been my question in the "do you have any questions for us?" part of the interview.

"Yeah, why is he (points at Fitterer) still employed when he turned down that monster Burns trade?"

• Pie 1

8 hours ago, amcoolio said:

Didn't people say the same about LSU before Burrow?

Times have changed, only a few schools gets the top talents. I have no doubt Stroud would be a good NFL QB

Somebody recently asked Burrow if he considered himself an OSU guy and he said yeah in the interview. Talked about how much time he spent there developing. 

Stroud is my QB1 and who I want. I'm sure we'll have to trade up, but it's time to take the swing. Just hope he falls to 5 or 6 and not 2 or 3 to get him. 

Worried we're going to end up connected to Levis.  If that happens, time to just trust the Reich hire and hope like hell that he develops whoever we take.  

• Pie 4

8 minutes ago, CarolinaNCSU said:

Stroud is my QB1 and who I want. I'm sure we'll have to trade up, but it's time to take the swing. Just hope he falls to 5 or 6 and not 2 or 3 to get him. 

Worried we're going to end up connected to Levis.  If that happens, time to just trust the Reich hire and hope like hell that he develops whoever we take.  

Yeah, I'm really not sold on Levis. A guy his age with his experience should not still be so raw. If we're gonna take a swing on a raw physical specimen I'd prefer Anthony Richardson.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

5 minutes ago, CarolinaNCSU said:

Cardinals at 3 are the only team that doesn't really need a QB. 4-Colts 5-Seahawks 6-Raiders 7-Lions 8-ATL. That's the part that sucks the most about how this board fell. 

8 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Cardinals at 3 are the only team that doesn't really need a QB. 4-Colts 5-Seahawks 6-Raiders 7-Lions 8-ATL. That's the part that sucks the most about how this board fell. 

That's generally how it goes. Most teams at the top of the board are there in large part because they suck at QB. The Bears are an anomaly. It's an impressive feat of terrible roster building to have a promising young talent at QB and still suck bad enough to land #1 overall.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Free Agency will show us a lot with QB roulette.  Most think the Lions and Seahawks are going to stick with what they have but you never know.

Ideally the Colts love of Levis is real and we could move up to 5 for Stroud but i'm sure the QB rumors will swap ten times before we get to the draft.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1