• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carr exploring options

Mr. Scot

I wouldn't trade anything for Carr.  I wouldn't take him on $30 million a season.

However, I think he's a good QB.  I think he has at least two or three good years left in him.  How many times did the Raiders defense let this dude down?  It's obscene.  Over the last five seasons, the Raiders defense has ranked 26th, 26th, 30th, 24th and 32nd in points against.

The problem isn't Carr.  The problem is those guys don't have a single (*&$@ing clue how to play defense.

• Pie 4
  • Flames 1

13 minutes ago, Mage said:

They will 100% cut him.  I'd be shocked if any team traded for him knowing how likely it is for him to be cut, unless they truly felt there was no way Carr would sign with them and wanted to secure his services. But while I like Carr, he isn't that good to be that desperate.

Any team out there to trade for him right now would have to be absolutely brain dead.  Unless you just have to have him, and don't want anybody else snooping around. Considering how much money hes set to make next year, and that the Raiders are going to be forced to cut him, its simple to just wait until hes cut then try to sign him.  Plus you don't have to give up any resources in the process. 

2 hours ago, thefuzz said:

Was hoping they would cut him, and we could entertain him on a 2 year deal and still bring in a rookie...could at least be competitive in the division that way.

Whatever.

At this point, it seems pretty much a given that the Panthers will sign a veteran QB and draft another one.  However, I can't envision Tepper or Reich signing up for another year of Sam Darnold.  

Carr or Garoppolo would be a significant improvement from what the Panthers have been accustom to these last few seasons.  Either one would make the team significantly more competitive within the NFCS until the team's draft pick was ready to take over. 

Panthers also have Corral as a dark horse.  Who knows what Reich might be able to accomplish with Matt given enough time?

Edited by NanuqoftheNorth
  • Pie 2

17 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Rapsheet makes a good point...

I'd forgotten but there's history there.

As a Saints fan, I would be concerned.  Allen was fired from the Raiders for looting too much.  That being said, I don’t think Carr was the issue.  However, Carr would be a risk as a Panther.  he would be either extremely good or extremely bad.

• Pie 1

Carr's best bet is to sign a 1 year prove it deal with a team that he feels has the best chance for him to flourish.  Unless of course some team is willing to give him a stupid (big $$$) contract now...lol. The latter probably exists...look at Washington with Wentz.  Still smh over that one.  Ron needed a very good GM while he was here and still  needs one now.

• Pie 3

3 hours ago, ladypanther said:

Carr's best bet is to sign a 1 year prove it deal with a team that he feels has the best chance for him to flourish.  Unless of course some team is willing to give him a stupid (big $$$) contract now...lol. The latter probably exists...look at Washington with Wentz.  Still smh over that one.  Ron needed a very good GM while he was here and still  needs one now.

I have a hunch that Carr will get cut and sign with Washington. 

• Pie 1

9 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

So the Raiders cut him.  What if any, do they owe him.  What is the cap implication for them?

Here’s a good breakdown of his situation: 

https://www.spotrac.com/spots/rumored-nfl-breakups-1730/

-5.625mil dead cap hit for the Raiders whether traded or cut by Feb. 15th. 

Two interesting takeaways:

-Raiders would be taking a huge risk to trade Carr since any trade can’t be made official until after the out date in his contract. Feasibly, the trade could fall through and they’d be on the hook for his 40mil salary and over 7mil in 2024. 

-Carr will be able to sign immediately with a new team if/when released. 

• Pie 1

12 hours ago, thunderraiden said:

Would love to have him for 10 mill a year after he's cut. Any more than that can kick rocks.

Cam rolled off the toilet after taco Tuesday to throw alley-oops to the opposing team for 10m….don’t see that happening.

although that was Tepper 

On 2/7/2023 at 4:46 PM, Jon Snow said:

This doesn't concern me as a fan. If he visits the Panthers I will be concerned. 

I get this type of attitude with the previous QBs we've had but Carr is being seriously underrated. 

I get it, most are tired of trading for other teams hand me down QB's. 

The thing is that when you mention going to get a QB like Stroud all of a sudden the price is too steep to pay. It's like.. You either want a QB or you don't. Can't have it both ways.