• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers and CJ

razorwolf

1 hour ago, AggieLean said:

If it takes 3 1sts to get up there, then you give up 3 1sts. F**k it 

Again, your QB coach says this guy reminds him of Burrow. They better go get the guy. Chicago won’t mind going down to 9. There will be some great offensive playmakers available for them to choose from, as they need that bad.

To be fair, he said CJ physically reminded him of Burrow.  Said that was before taking a deep dive into what he has between the ears and his personality and whatnot.  CJ may or may not resemble Burrow as a complete work.  Just food for thought before we place value on what we're going to have to give up for a QB.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 hours ago, AggieLean said:

Our QB coach compared him to Burrow.

lol at some of the posters in here saying there weren’t any QBs in this draft worth trading up for. We need to make a move up.

I don't know that I would make a crazy trade up for anyone but Young. Regardless, if we have a guy in mind that we really believe is a franchise caliber QB.....do what it takes to get him.

If you are wrong, who cares? You are just gonna get fired anyway.

• Pie 3

23 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I don't know that I would make a crazy trade up for anyone but Young. Regardless, if we have a guy in mind that we really believe is a franchise caliber QB.....do what it takes to get him.

If you are wrong, who cares? You are just gonna get fired anyway.

I'd go to #3 for Young or Stroud if he is there and you love him.  I'd go to #6 for Levis if you love him.  I THINK AR falls to #9 if you love him.

Edited by MHS831
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, OldhamA said:

Why not?

Falcons owner Arthur Blank said he's "very excited" about second-year QB Desmond Ridder. 

"We're committed to the position obviously, and we know we need a good leader there, and I think we have it in Ridder," Blank said. Ridder didn't do anything to lose the job in his first season, going four starts without an interception while completing 64% of his passes. With Marcus Mariota a likely cap casualty, Atlanta is expected to add a veteran to push Ridder this offseason.

Coach Arthur Smith talked up Ridder's progress as a rookie but stopped short of naming him the starter.

Edited by TheCasillas

9 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Falcons owner Arthur Blank said he's "very excited" about second-year QB Desmond Ridder. 

"We're committed to the position obviously, and we know we need a good leader there, and I think we have it in Ridder," Blank said. Ridder didn't do anything to lose the job in his first season, going four starts without an interception while completing 64% of his passes. With Marcus Mariota a likely cap casualty, Atlanta is expected to add a veteran to push Ridder this offseason.

Well we can scratch the Falcons off as serious division contenders then.

• Beer 1
  • Poo 1

9 hours ago, AggieLean said:

Our QB coach compared him to Burrow.

lol at some of the posters in here saying there weren’t any QBs in this draft worth trading up for. We need to make a move up.

There isnt one worth what we will have to give.But hey remember this and give me an "i told ya so" later. I'll wait. So I got 3 yrs.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

14 hours ago, TheCasillas said:

Coach Arthur Smith talked up Ridder's progress as a rookie but stopped short of naming him the starter.

Yet the Bears GM already named Fields the 2023 starter and folks here still think the Bears are going QB at pick 1 and then trading Fields away. 

16 hours ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Don't we have a lot of cap after next season anyway? If you use that to fill holes dont see why we need to hang on to a bunch of picks. The contending teams have a mix of good young players and good FA signings. 

If we had a good GM we would have way more cap space. Unfortunately Fitt restructured CMC's contract, and then traded him which is idiotic. We're now on the hook in 2023 for 18.3 million dollars for CMC. 

17 hours ago, OldhamA said:

Well we can scratch the Falcons off as serious division contenders then.

Yet they almost won the division this year with Mariota stinking it up,  the most dead money in nfl history (bc of Ryan and Julio) and a bunch of rookies/young players….they had 2nd youngest team in the nfl. 

Edited by Ball4life
  • Poo 1

I don’t think Bears want to move back very far. It would gave to be an NBA style three team deal. Our first this year and 2024 for the Cardinals at pick three. Then that pick and our first in 2025 for the first pick overall from the Bears. Or something along those lines. Keeping out two second rounders this year would be critical.

5 makes the most sense to move up to with the ties to Seattle, but 3 is probably what it takes to leapfrog IND. That being said, I think the odds of IND moving to 1 is the most probable. Chicago can slide back to 5, but 9 is a bigger stretch for them. 

We have to hope IND prefers Levis, because I think HOU wants Young or Stroud. 

I've never been a huge proponent of "do whatever it takes to move up to #1". However, this year based off of the reset button with coaching and offensive philosophy, I'm all in if that's what it takes for CJ. 

We have enough good pieces to compete with CJ at the helm from '24 and beyond. Let's use '23 to groom  him behind Brissett, take any cap hits/dead money on this year to clear us out for 2024.

We were a decent coaching staff and mediocre QB away from winning the NFCS. 

• Pie 1