• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Free Agent Updates

Mr. Scot

11 hours ago, Cdparr7 said:

I could live with Hyatt if we signed a dependable FA WR. Since we have Hurst now,  a FA, Hyatt, and Marshall with Smith and Shenault isn’t terrible. By no means great but we have seen way worse here.

Need to ensure that the running game is top notch them. Have to make it dynamic enough to help a less then stellar WR Corp succeed.

6 minutes ago, Jmac said:

Need to ensure that the running game is top notch them. Have to make it dynamic enough to help a less then stellar WR Corp succeed.

Having coaches that can actually scheme a WR open should help. We don’t necessarily need a guy that demands double coverage and breaks defenses, as long as we have guys that can run the routes, coaches that can scheme them open, and a QB that can put the ball where it needs to be.

14 minutes ago, thunderraiden said:

I say trade with Houston our #1 and #39 for their #2 and #12 pair Young or Stroud up with Jaxson Smith, get some TE/HB/CB/3-4 DE/ or LB depth with our 3rd round pick and lets go.

Assuming we truly don't favor Young or Stroud, this would be a great move. I find it hard to believe we won't have a favorite though.

Should we make that trade, I'd like to see us move back in late 1st and maybe get a 2024 1st back. Preferably from the Saints at #29 bc I think they'll still be mid at best next year.

I would give Tampa #12 for their 2024 1st, 2023 2nd, and 2023 3rd. I'm that confident they'll be picking top 5ish next year. Bring on Harrison Jr, Bowers, or maybe still Williams/Maye.

Edited by ECHornet

1 hour ago, Bear Hands said:

Alrighty let's get a receiver today.  

Looking at you Parris Campbell (or) Darius Slayton (or) Mecole Hardman (or) DJ Chark

Slayton is the best guy available. I like his game. He could easily be a 1k receiver in the right Fitt. Parris might be the most likely and that’s fine. We really need a field stretcher and Slayton and Hardman Fitt that

• Pie 2

18 minutes ago, Jay Roosevelt said:

I don't really see anyone left on the market that I think can be even a low-end #1 WR outside of maybe D.J. Chark. We really need to be looking at trade options there.

We also really need some OL depth and a starting ILB.

Corey Davis is prob on par. Not a #1 but could be a decent #2 vet presence. Jets are going to have to let some people go for sure. mims for cheap speed could be a thing too