• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

This is why Bryce Young undoubtedly is QB1

Ivory Panther

If I were a team without an OL, I would want Stroud--but if we can keep Young protected, he is the best choice.

Nothing against Stroud--I just do not trust the Ohio St offense to give us a true indication of his processing, vision of the field, etc.

The kept talking about how Young slows down the game--that is huge.

Stroud's stock is very high right now--great game vs. UGA, good combine, pro day....do you buy inflated stock?

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

7 minutes ago, Cary Kollins said:

Funny how many twitter and message board coaches say Bryce is too small for the NFL, yet time after time after time former NFL players line up to rave about Young’s prospects of thriving in the NFL.

I don't think anyone doubts that he can potentially thrive in the NFL. But for how long?

If this guy gets broken in half in his second start the media dunking is gonna be ferocious.

• Pie 2

Yep, it's really just all about his size. Not one person here thinks he's a garbage QB. Not one. Not one thinks Stroud is THAT much better than Young. Not one. Almost all of us agree Young is as good as it gets as a college QB and could easily translate that into the pros.

But here's the thing, not everyone gets to be a pro. Just look at the NBA. Some guys just aren't built for it, and they were amazing in college. It's just the cold, hard truth. Yes, Young could easily prove naysayers wrong and do what Brees and Wilson did ... but the amount of smaller QBs who were all world is small for a reason ... no pun intended.

Stroud and Young are almost equal in terms of skill. Young might have the mental edge, Stroud has the physical edge. You just have to ask yourself if you are 100% confident Young can take the physical pounding the NFL will give him. Remember, even with the new QB protection rules, no QB goes untouched. If you think Young will last 15 years or more ... awesome. But the smart gamble is on Stroud.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Panther'sBigD said:

What other small, blue chip QBs, with similar measurables to Bryce Young, didn't make it through their first few years in the NFL?

People talking about his size being an issue as if there's some mountain of evidence of this, when it all boils down to most of you just repeating what you've heard others say. 

Pat White is the only QB I can recall who played at a similar weight and he got crunched.

• Pie 2

16 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

If I were a team without an OL, I would want Stroud--but if we can keep Young protected, he is the best choice.

Nothing against Stroud--I just do not trust the Ohio St offense to give us a true indication of his processing, vision of the field, etc.

The kept talking about how Young slows down the game--that is huge.

Stroud's stock is very high right now--great game vs. UGA, good combine, pro day....do you buy inflated stock?

Stroud also played near perfect in his bowl game the previous year.  Kind of seems like the bigger the stage the better he plays?  Not that he plays bad during other games.

• Pie 2

Draft Wire

Did the Panthers Reveal Their Plan For The No. 1 pick?

Jeff Risdon Thu, Mar 23, 2023, 1:48 PM EDT

The Carolina Panthers sent a huge contingent to Columbus on Wednesday to check out the Ohio State pro day. Even owner David Tepper traveled to investigate the Buckeyes and potential No. 1 overall pick, QB C.J. Stroud.

The Panthers traded up from No. 9 to the top spot for a reason. And it is easy to see that reason is Stroud. New Panthers QB coach Josh McCown might have revealed that publicly during the pro day aftermath.

Cameras captured McCown and Stroud, along with other Panthers staffers including senior assistant Jim Caldwell, talking about playing some basketball together.

“We’ll find a court, play some horse,” McCown smiled as he told Stroud. “Maybe when you live in Charlotte, we’ll find a court.”

The key word here is “when”. McCown didn’t say “if”.