• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

DJ Chark recently underwent ankle surgery?

CamWhoaaCam

Some may say not a big deal, but a often injury prone WR just had another surgery on his ankles. I think we should still add at least one more WR just in case Chark is not healthy all season. Either draft or FA another vet would be nice. OBJ on a 1yr deal would be nice.

Should we worry about the WR position with this news of Chark having ankle surgery?

• Beer 1

I’m not any more concerned than I already was with his injury history. Hopefully this surgery helps alleviate some lingering issues he may have had in his ankle. 

Even if Chark plays 1/3 of the season, we’re not hurt long term and his talent seems worth the gamble of his low cost contract. FWIW, I think he’ll play more than half the season and we’ll be considering him a steal like Luvu and Reddick by November. 

• Pie 2

I don't think we should worry about this. We should have already been planning to select a WR at 39 or 93.  Chark was signed with the hope that he would be here long-term, but also in a way that if he continues to be injured, he's out after one year. 

They said the ETA for a return would be in time for "some of OTAs".

Sounds like he should be ready for preseason and the regular season, and the surgery was done to remedy what's been ailing him the past couple of seasons. 

I think he signed last year with the lions for 11-12 million and missed 7 games. Hes tall speed freak, those guys get paid. He was also a 2019 pro-bowler. 

This year with odds heavily rookie QB plays, he signed for 5 million.........

Another note- 100% of players(that log high snaps) have some sort of surgery, just part of the formula. Count me as super hyped that hes here for what he took. Hes still young enough to put it all together and become a top WR. I hope this works out. 

• Pie 1

Wow, just wow

Obviously the team knew about this and was okay with it, but to me, this is just another sign of why this wasn't a smart signing for us to go into the season with him as our #1.

The guy is flat out injury prone, particularly his ankles, and the fact that he had yet another surgery this offseason, and COULD be ready for OTA's, just isn't exactly an inspiring update to hear.

We need to go get Hopkins, Sutton, Jeudy, or trade back into the First round to get a #1 WR, particularly JSN if we take Stroud.

• Beer 1