• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dan Orlovsky..the guy we went after for QB coach. Showing why you take CJ Stroud #1

I'm not against Young but I hate when people say that picking Stroud is the safer qb! Stroud has legit talent and it behooves  me that so many will say that Young is head and shoulders better with IQ! I see 2 good prospects and 1(Stroud) who  looks to project to be a problem for teams! He could carve people up from the pocket if this staff got their hands on him. Young has all the magic you like to see but after watching Russell  flame out...  I'm always going to  go with Stroud  1st. I'll root for either but man I got a gut feeling CJ is going to be around for a long time!!

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

It would be nice if people spent an equal (if not more) amount of time on the OC as they do the QB coach. Yes, McCown is huge in the grooming and evolution of whoever we take at 1, but Brown is a future NFL HC from a very strong offensive system and building out the architecture of our offense. 

Brown is the afterthought in this whole process and we keep hearing about McCown this, and McCown shooting hoops, etc. I also think Caldwell has a bigger influence in this then people think too. 

• Pie 8
  • Flames 1

We need to stop this Stroud Nonsense, It's obvious we traded up to take Will Levis.

Why?

Rhule was fired after the 49ers game in which the entire stadium was flooded with a sea of red jerseys in the crowd. What's the main color for OSU and Bama? Red. There'd just be bandwagon college fans jumping on board with the panthers showing up with their red shirts.

What's the main color of Kentucky? Blue.

The bandwagon fans could show up and seamlessly assimilate within the fanbase without ruining the color aesthetics of the gameday experience.

Makes total sense when you think about it. 

Think About It GIF by Identity

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

12 minutes ago, Soul Rebel said:

It would be nice if people spent an equal (if not more) amount of time on the OC as they do the QB coach. Yes, McCown is huge in the grooming and evolution of whoever we take at 1, but Brown is a future NFL HC from a very strong offensive system and building out the architecture of our offense. 

Brown is the afterthought in this whole process and we keep hearing about McCown this, and McCown shooting hoops, etc. I also think Caldwell has a bigger influence in this then people think too. 

I questioned McCown pick as qb coach, but this guy looks worse. Zero coaching experience. At least McCown recently played. I agree that we are getting too wrapped up in qb coach and qb coach candidate opinions. Obviously this staff feels like the other coaches history can make up for a qb with 0 experience.