• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Thick smoke: CJ Stroud red flags coming out - "not an easy guy to coach," "CJ Stroud...giving the Carolina Panthers pause"

Saca312

On 4/11/2023 at 10:31 PM, MHS831 said:

Funny how much stuff comes out about folks just before the draft.  I take this with a grain of salt--

Everyone is fighting for clicks, and the more the attention turns toward the draft, the more some people are going to exploit some minor comment or point taken out of context.

From what I have seen and heard, CJ would be a great teammate and player, and I doubt he is no more difficult to coach than Russell Wilson, for example, and we never heard that much about his dispositions.

I find  the rumor that C.J. Stroud would be hard to coach really hard to believe. If it were true, that fact would have surfaced long ago.

I say hog wash and would be over joyed if him or Bryce Young became our QB.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

12 hours ago, AggieLean said:

CJ had his dad. Raised him through his formative years, and CJ will tell you his dad was/is his best friend. 

Is that enough? Those teen years, my gods a son learns sooo much form his farther during those years. They matter in my book more than 0-8. (Most of that is forgotten about).

I sorta had a father with other.....he just worked alllll the time and I was mainly raised by my mother. I wish it was the other way, but he was fully into his busniess and making money to feed, cloth, and keep me safe. He didnt even give me the shave lesson, among many others. I cannot image the damage done without any real men in a growing boy life. I feel its one of the top 5 problems going on now. 

• Pie 2

On 4/12/2023 at 7:21 PM, BrisbanePanther said:

I'm more in the Young camp but only slightly, and I can admit that what Stroud has done with this is significant. Especially when you read in his story that he spent a lot of time only being coached by YouTube.

That may show you what he had available to him growing up. He may not have had money for private coaching like Bryce Young so he took it upon himself to self-study.

More than could be said for Kyler already as well. 

19 hours ago, poundaway said:

>20 yards.  Over the middle of the field.

That throw was 50 air yards if I’m counting correctly (own 15 to opposing 35). He didn’t have to do a big run up or crow hop or sail the ball or anything like that, nice easy step up and throw with perfect placement and trajectory 50 yards down field. Arm strength looks more than good enough there.

• Flames 1

So I was fully expecting Ryan Day to say something somewhere publicly after this came out to disavow the statement that Stroud isn't easy to coach.  It's in Ohio States best interest to have the #1 overall come from their team after all and Day's worked with Stroud.

Has anybody heard Day, or the OC or QB coach say something in response? 

38 minutes ago, poundaway said:

So I was fully expecting Ryan Day to say something somewhere publicly after this came out to disavow the statement that Stroud isn't easy to coach.  It's in Ohio States best interest to have the #1 overall come from their team after all and Day's worked with Stroud.

Has anybody heard Day, or the OC or QB coach say something in response? 

Why should Day or any of his former coaches respond to nonsense anyone who is familiar with CJ will know is false?

I'd think the loudest in the pro Young crowd would see this for what it is. Draft games.

• Pie 3
  • Poo 1