• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jonathan Jones: “Get your Young number 9 Jerseys ready in Charlotte”

TheSpecialJuan

Figured AR was 2nd on our wanted list, and if they trade down it would be for him. lol those wanting to trade down need to be careful what they ask for; especially if they’re not fans of AR’s game.

As for Bryce, I’m excited. It’s been clear he was going to be the pick for weeks.

• Pie 3

47 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Joe Person was just on WFNZ and pretty much said he believes this one’s over too.  
just pretty much told by the NFL to. It announce anything before next Thursday.

also sounded like Richardson was number 2 on our Board

i've actually been hearing this for a while from a couple inside people. of course i heard some saying that Stroud was up there, but i was hearing more that Young was their top option followed by AR. I mean this is going back to right after the big trade.

i was pretty fond of the idea of Stroud so, just because of where i had Stroud in my mind, it made more sense that it would be between Stroud and Young....especially because of comments from McCown and the reaction of those who went to Stroud's pro-day it looked like it was him that took the lead over Young. 

Could be that they liked him, but they were more impressed with Young and AR in meetings and with their ps2 scores.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2

8 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

Figured AR was 2nd on our wanted list, and if they trade down it would be for him. lol those wanting to trade down need to be careful what they ask for; especially if they’re not fans of AR’s game.

As for Bryce, I’m excited. It’s been clear he was going to be the pick for weeks.

yeah, it's been getting clearer the last couple for me. which is weird because for several weeks before that it seemed like it was Stroud. i guess the only weeks that matter, though, are the last couple leading up to the draft.

i mean i've been excited about Young, Stroud, and even AR for a while...but my excitement has been spread out between the three of them. I'm starting to focus more on watching Young videos just to get an idea of what to expect. 

This next week is going to take forever.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

26 minutes ago, CarolinaRideorDie said:

I fully believe that Young is the correct choice at QB for us and I'm glad he is the pick. However, what did Stroud do to fall so out of favor? If Houston doesn't want him at 2, was Stroud overhyped? 

I heard he ordered boneless wings at their dinner and was promptly removed from the board.

• Pie 4

32 minutes ago, CarolinaRideorDie said:

I fully believe that Young is the correct choice at QB for us and I'm glad he is the pick. However, what did Stroud do to fall so out of favor? If Houston doesn't want him at 2, was Stroud overhyped? 

In the early mocks Levis was 2nd QB off the board in a number of them. A few had Stroud dropping to us at 9. A good combine coupled with us hiring Reich and moving up to 1 (along with the Reich prototype theory) propelled him to first pick status. Maybe it's just a case of the hype falling away.

Edited by Billy Goat
  • Pie 2

Starting to agree with those who think we need just one merged megathread instead of a new thread every time someone else tweets that they think Bryce Young is the pick.

One note regarding Jones: I've long been of the belief that he was the one who ultimately started the SI investigation into Jerry Richardson but wisely chose to remain behind the scenes.

• Pie 2

29 minutes ago, CarolinaRideorDie said:

I really think it’s because he didn’t face enough adversity or consistently demonstrate an ability to look for a 2nd or third read as often as Bryce had to. 

It’s almost unfair to him that he’s being knocked down a notch because the offense he played in was so efficient that he knew where the ball was going 90% of the time pre-snap and it obviously worked.

In his last couple games he really faced tougher situations and actually rose to the occasion quite well, but just had not shown enough of that throughout the year.

Lastly, when you go back and look at the 2021 seasons, Bryce really outshined him and it’s easy to see why he won the Heisman that year.

On the flip side, CJ has shown consistent improvement and has abilities that just aren’t teachable(incredible timing, accuracy and ball placement).  

I feel like with Bryce you don’t have to project or guess as much what he is or can be. C.J you have to use your imagination a bit. Lastly we don’t know how they interviewed and did on the chalk board in private meetings. Clearly that had a big role in this whole decision. 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1