• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Anti-tankers…. Never forget!!!!

TheBigKat

We did tank.  At the point we traded away CMC and chose a replacement HC  who had successfully tanked before,  the FO was trying to tank.  Wilkes as much said so, even though he qualified that statement later. 

If we had chosen Tabor who wasn't suing the NFL for being undermined, I think we could have traded away more assets for more picks,  which would have given us more 1st round picks and and a higher draft spot, so we could have spent fewer picks to move up.   

The coaches and players cannot/will not lose games on purpose.

We are where we are.  If Young translates, no one will care.

24 minutes ago, poundaway said:

We did tank.  At the point we traded away CMC and chose a replacement HC  who had successfully tanked before,  the FO was trying to tank.  Wilkes as much said so, even though he qualified that statement later. 

If we had chosen Tabor who wasn't suing the NFL for being undermined, I think we could have traded away more assets for more picks,  which would have given us more 1st round picks and and a higher draft spot, so we could have spent fewer picks to move up.   

The coaches and players cannot/will not lose games on purpose.

We are where we are.  If Young translates, no one will care.

No one tried to tank like the Colts and they ended up with Anthony Richardson. I think they are counting on another really bad year.

2 hours ago, rayzor said:

Yeah this thread is going nowhere good.

The whole concept is stupid.

I mean what's the point of it? "Don't you dare root for the team to win because we might and we get a worse pick?" That's not exactly how that works.  I mean if we embrace the suck and, as a fambase, actually WANT to lose for the good of the franchise long term, do you actually think that will affect the outcome?

Or is it that you want the franchise to purposely tank? You want the coaching staff to encourage the players to throw games? You know that might be a bit stupid because there's kind of repercussions to that kind of thing.

Plus people would be losing jobs.

Sorry... The whole thing just stinks of narrow-mindedness.

Pretty much 

While I don’t personally feel this way, I fully understand the rationale and logic of a fan wanting a bad to mediocre team to lose in hopes of improving draft position.  

What I will never understand is the animosity towards the coaches or a team because they win a game.  Outside of illegal betting, collusion, or similar malfeasance, there is no incentive for a player or coach to purposefully lose. That said, the reason why grown ass adults get pissed at other grown ass adults simply because they try to do their job befuddles me.