• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Underdogs

NAS

For the most part, the national media latches onto certain teams. Not sure how Atlanta has more talent than the Panthers. The coaching staff here is certainly better. They never expect anything from the Panthers. I guess after the last few years, its wait and see. I like their chances based on the upgrades to the roster and staff. I would feel better if they got some depth in a few places, but I just don't see any team in the division being a lot better than the others.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, mydaddysmamasdaddy said:

For the most part, the national media latches onto certain teams. Not sure how Atlanta has more talent than the Panthers. The coaching staff here is certainly better. They never expect anything from the Panthers. I guess after the last few years, its wait and see. I like their chances based on the upgrades to the roster and staff. I would feel better if they got some depth in a few places, but I just don't see any team in the division being a lot better than the others.

The Falcons have dogshit on most of their defense.  They an unknown at QB.  They mostly have a dogshit coaching staff and fanbase.  They do have good weapons at TE/RB/WR.  However top to bottom I think objectively our roster clears there.  If nothing else for the talent we have all over our defense, and the potential of Bryce Young at QB.  Riddler was OK I guess last year.  Hard to say how hes going to do this year, considering he only started 3 or 4 games at the end of the year.  In those games though he was not very productive at all.  Only 2 TD passes in ~120 attempts.  

• Pie 3

They have a stud wr, rb and te. Some people thought highly of Desmond Ridder. He did get better during his four starts, but I doubt he ends up as a quality NFL starter. More likely the shine wears off over the course of the season and they are back to trying to find a qb. 

They are going to ground and pound and keep their defense off the field.  Ridder will become a game manager with running capability. 

I am concerned what we will do at NT and I am not tickled about the ILB situation.  If we are vulnerable up the middle, its going to be a long season.

On offense?  I think we will be better than advertised.  I think Marshall, Shenault, and Mingo will ball.  Chark and Theilen will do as expected. 

• Pie 1

The falcons have added a lot on defense this off-season, so they “should” be better on that side of the ball.  I think we’d be pretty hyped if we added Jessie Bates, Calais Campbell, David Onyemata, and getting a former #3 overall pick in Jeff Okudah for peanuts with a new DC. 

A big LOL to all of those who thought that having the number one pick would bring us into the national spotlight. National media does not give one single shite about us, who we drafted, or how we'll do this season. The only rookie QB who gets talked about is Richardson. The Saints and Falcons are the only ones in their conversation of favorites to win the NFCS. We aren't under the radar because we're not even on the radar, just like it's always been.

• Poo 1

21 minutes ago, X-Clown said:

The falcons have added a lot on defense this off-season, so they “should” be better on that side of the ball.  I think we’d be pretty hyped if we added Jessie Bates, Calais Campbell, David Onyemata, and getting a former #3 overall pick in Jeff Okudah for peanuts with a new DC. 

I remember when we got a former t10 CB for peanuts. Don’t mean poo.

1 hour ago, joemac said:

The Falcons have dogshit on most of their defense.  They an unknown at QB.  They mostly have a dogshit coaching staff and fanbase.  They do have good weapons at TE/RB/WR.  However top to bottom I think objectively our roster clears there.  If nothing else for the talent we have all over our defense, and the potential of Bryce Young at QB.  Riddler was OK I guess last year.  Hard to say how hes going to do this year, considering he only started 3 or 4 games at the end of the year.  In those games though he was not very productive at all.  Only 2 TD passes in ~120 attempts.  

I’d like to add that Jessie Bates is also apart of that dogshit. I do not care what a Falcon fan says, he will not be missed in Cincy. His play has declined the last few seasons.

• Pie 1

Mostly I stick to the NFL Network for national NFL news. I have not heard any one of their analysts call for Atlanta to win the division. Not one. It's either been the Panthers or New Orleans. The Bucs have consistently been at the bottom. 

I think one of the problems analysts have when looking at the NFCS is that the Panthers have no history for them to consider. No they finished the year strong chatter. No they have a D they can build on. The only consistent from last year is our o-line and that may be in flux because of injuries. Oh, and our kicker and punter and long snapper. New head coach, 99% new staff, new QBs, new offensive weapons, new defensive alignment. We can't yet be analyzed as a whole package with history. So the analysists that are good at their jobs are looking at Frank Reich and what has been said plus each player individually. Those that are not good at their jobs are dismissing us.

• Pie 4

I mean, I kinda get it. The division was atrocious last year and the Falcons drafted a RB who could be among the league's best right out of the gates and they spent a ton of resources on D. So yeah, I could see the media seeing their path to winning what they expect to be a bad overall division.

We're gonna be afterthoughts until we prove that we shouldn't be.