• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Chuba Hubard Underappreciated!!!

Catweisers

I don't really think Hubbard is a bad runner. Heck, we've seen plenty of cases where he takes a handoff and runs like a freight train.

Just don't ask him to catch a pass. And please, in the name of all that's holy don't put him out there to catch a punt 😖

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

19 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I don't really think Hubbard is a bad runner. Heck, we've seen plenty of cases where he takes a handoff and runs like a freight train.

Just don't ask him to catch a pass. And please, in the name of all that's holy don't put him out there to catch a punt 😖

He’s just OK. He’s got speed and we opened up holes. The funny thing is that stat to me says more about the OL blocking than his ability. Least amount of time behind the line and most N/S yardage just means he runs straight through and open hole. That’s what we saw. He’s not someone who can create something or make people miss. We saw that last year when we played good teams and bad teams. When the Lions kept only 7 guys in the box all day, we had huge holes but when the OL faced a good D, we got shut down. There was not much in the middle because our RB’s couldn’t create if the hole wasn’t there immediately. That’s the difference with someone like CMC who we saw make something out of nothing with the mainly pop line we had after 2017.

Speaking of punts, it’s almost funny how people in here wanted him released early last year for the drops and now many of the same people think he’s a good RB. Heck, above people are saying he improved receiving but he had 14 catches, less than 1 per game, which is a tiny sample size. He’s a backup and that’s it. Any RB could have had a solid year with us with the way our OL blocked most weeks.

• Pie 4

30 minutes ago, WhoKnows said:

He’s just OK. He’s got speed and we opened up holes. The funny thing is that stat to me says more about the OL blocking than his ability. Least amount of time behind the line and most N/S yardage just means he runs straight through and open hole. That’s what we saw. He’s not someone who can create something or make people miss. We saw that last year when we played good teams and bad teams. When the Lions kept only 7 guys in the box all day, we had huge holes but when the OL faced a good D, we got shut down. There was not much in the middle because our RB’s couldn’t create if the hole wasn’t there immediately. That’s the difference with someone like CMC who we saw make something out of nothing with the mainly pop line we had after 2017.

Speaking of punts, it’s almost funny how people in here wanted him released early last year for the drops and now many of the same people think he’s a good RB. Heck, above people are saying he improved receiving but he had 14 catches, less than 1 per game, which is a tiny sample size. He’s a backup and that’s it. Any RB could have had a solid year with us with the way our OL blocked most weeks.

He has always been a backup caliber player. His biggest problem is that he isn't good at much other than running the ball and he's really average at that. It's hard to be a one trick pony RB in the modern NFL.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

Meh.  He's a mid sized to small back with stone for hands and an average to to slightly above average runner.  His drop% was at the very bottom of the league his rookie season.  Last year it improved but he fumbled two kickoffs in one game which resulted in a L. 

Mrs. Rhule was wrong. 

• Pie 2

I’m not the hugest fan. Not saying he shouldn’t be on the team but I think he’s much better served as a third back. Hands are terrible, blocking is about average, power is below average, speed is (overrated) fine. In a world of todays RB, we can do a lot better. See what Kareem Hunt is up to. Or Fat Lenny.

• Pie 1