• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rotoworld blurb on Terrace Marshall: “sneaky” fantasy upside

2 hours ago, La Pantera said:

TMs production to date was affected by Rhule. He was hardly on the field as a rookie. And looked to be head the same direction till Rhule was canned.

You can be hopeful TMJ takes the next step but “hardly on the field” is wrong. DJ and Robby were WR1 and WR2 and for the 13 games TMJ played, he received 48% of the snaps. He was WR3 and was on the field half the time. He was WR2 last year and was on the field for 77% of the snaps (missed 3 games) and that was even with Robby being WR2 until being traded.  

Again, blame everything else but don’t say he didn’t have enough snaps, because it isn’t true. Personally, I think Mingo has a better shot because I haven’t ever felt like TMJ got enough consistent separation, hence so many people thinking he barely played.

• Pie 1

23 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Mike Kaye has a new pod, discusses the receivers around the 6 minute mark. Better than nothing which is what the Panthers have been giving us. Other teams have like 4-5 episodes of offseason footage already and we have to wait 3 more weeks for our draft video lol. 

Kaye doesn't exactly display a lot of confidence in our X receiver position...Basically up to TMJ or Mingo to win that job. Will be interesting to see if anyone can really do something against Jaycee in camp

Marshall had so much upside coming out of the draft and that LSU WR farm but the stink of Rhule and crappy QB play has hindered him his first couple years. I do think he still has some of that upside but it can be harder to reach after getting off to such a rough start (relatively speaking). I do think he’s being slept on, but it also would not really surprise me to see him as the #4.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 hours ago, Adb6368 said:

Picking the panthers #1 wide receiver right now is throwing darts. New system. Rookie qb. Too many unknowns.  Maybe Bryce focuses on thielen all year as a consistent lifeline. Maybe Mingo lights the league on fire a la dk metcalf from ole miss. Maybe Marshall does take that next step. 

from a pure fantasy perspective id stay away from all of them. 

from a fan perspective I’m convinced we have 4 #1 receivers ha 

I think Miles Sanders may catch more passes out of the backfield than some may expect. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

I think Thielen very well might end up as the top fantasy WR for us next year, in PPR leagues that is, at least the most consistent.

He's going to be a perfect fit for Bryce's scrambling ability as the check down guy on those and be a great possession WR who should also score 6 TDs or so as well.

If Chark, TMJ, or Mingo break out, they could end up with the most points, but I think they'll all have up and down games and Thielen should be a pretty consistent 5 catches for 50 yards each game with many weeks where he adds a TD or puts up more yards/catches.

Those are my kinda players in fantasy, consistency wins leagues, I actually won my league last year with Thielen being that guy who I drafted as a bench WR to start the year but ended up playing him almost every week due to injuries/byes and he was a consistent 10 points for me each week.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

If that is the case Fitt needs to be fired for wasting FA money on 2 washed WR's.

We’re paying Chark 5mil this season. Chump change. 

You’re calling for Fitt to potentially be fired over a good deal on a young WR who could be a #1 if consistently healthy. We didn’t have Mingo when we signed them either. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

7 hours ago, ECHornet said:

You’re calling for Fitt to potentially be fired over a good deal on a young WR who could be a #1 if consistently healthy. We didn’t have Mingo when we signed them either. 

A wr signing isn't detrimental to Fitts job.  That is clearly tied to young.  

2 hours ago, Aussie Tank said:

This training camp is gonna be awesome TMJ, Viska and Mingo all battling it out to be Young’s alpha WR. Don’t be surprised if Viska wins it 

If Viska wins it then we are in bad shape.  Hes not very good at playing a traditional wr.  He was a good gadget guy in Jacksonville and his undoing was his last season there where they tried stepping him up to a more traditional wr and his routes were slow and clunky.   Shenault is a really good gadget player that needs schemed touches and thats fine.

21 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

If Viska wins it then we are in bad shape.  Hes not very good at playing a traditional wr.  He was a good gadget guy in Jacksonville and his undoing was his last season there where they tried stepping him up to a more traditional wr and his routes were slow and clunky.   Shenault is a really good gadget player that needs schemed touches and thats fine.

agreed. they need to keep him in that lane. he's great in that lane. in fact they need to find more ways to get him involved doing it, but they need to get the idea out of their heads that he's anything but that. 

keep him on the field so it's not such a telegraph that they're going to do something funky with him, but just find some more ways to use him in the role where he's best.

• Pie 1

10 hours ago, ECHornet said:

If he's good then we don't have to worry about that problem do we?

People on here are obsessed with having a traditional #1 WR, but our group's value lies in depth and not a star at the top. Plus Bryce's best asset is his ability to go through reads and spread the ball around. Carolina is not a place to find a good fantasy WR.  Even if TMJ takes the next step, he will be sharing catches with several others limiting his fantasy numbers. 

• Pie 1

13 hours ago, WhoKnows said:

You can be hopeful TMJ takes the next step but “hardly on the field” is wrong. DJ and Robby were WR1 and WR2 and for the 13 games TMJ played, he received 48% of the snaps. He was WR3 and was on the field half the time. He was WR2 last year and was on the field for 77% of the snaps (missed 3 games) and that was even with Robby being WR2 until being traded.  

Again, blame everything else but don’t say he didn’t have enough snaps, because it isn’t true. Personally, I think Mingo has a better shot because I haven’t ever felt like TMJ got enough consistent separation, hence so many people thinking he barely played.

There was 1,442 total snaps under Matt Rhule's regime and 723 under Steve Wilks'. TMJ was on the field for 30.6% of the snaps under Rhule, 81.3% under Wilks. It is very much so accurate to state that TMJ was "hardly on the field" while Rhule was running the team. 

TMJ's averages per game from his 15 games under Rhule:

• 29.4 snaps (441 total)
  • 19.8 routes  (297 total)
  • 2.3 targets (34 total)

TMJ's averages per game from his 12 games under Wilks':

• 49 snaps (588 total)
  • 22 routes (264 total)
  • 3.6 targets (43 total)

To put those numbers into perspective, here are the averages for the other two WRs mentioned under Rhule:

Chosen (22 games)

• 53.9 snaps (1185 total)
  • 36.9 routes (812 total)
  • 5 targets (110 total)

DJ (20 games)

• 55.6 snaps (1112 total)
  • 36.2 routes (723 total)
  • 9.1 targets (182 total)