• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why Panthers tight end Tommy Tremble is enjoying clean slate with new coaching staff

vorbis

7 hours ago, KSpan said:

There's the player's side and the coach's side, woth the reality typically somewhere in the middle, but I can definitely believe that Rhule and many of his staff were poor teachers of what they did teach. Those guys were outclassed weekly by real NFL minds and even just moving to Wilks brought immediate and noticeable improvements.

The funny part of that is teaching is what he promoted in his introduction. He and his staff would be teachers of the game. I guess he left out the part about being bad teachers of the game.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, Gerry Green said:

I know some of you seem to be having a bit of a difficult time dealing with the optimism going around. But man, can we at least wait until the actual games before we get to the negative stuff?

I mean, right here, right now. There may be a handful of ppl that can't wait to see how they respond to adversity. The rest of us are just enjoying a process that appears to be working.

To me, there are a lot more interesting things to look at. Position battles, who is showing out, who has grown from last year, what does the Offense and Defense look like, and so much more?

Wanting to see how they react to get hit the first time? Not high on my list. But hey, everyone's different.

You want to see it as negative, it is nothing of the kind. It is gonna happen. That is one of the biggest hurdles in sports or life: what you do when your ass gets kicked? 

That will tell more truth about this team than a hundred articles saying how great these moves were.

If you think they won't run into a humbling type of ass kicking, that's not optimistic. It's closer to delusiuonal. 

4 minutes ago, stratocatter said:

You want to see it as negative, it is nothing of the kind. It is gonna happen. That is one of the biggest hurdles in sports or life: what you do when your ass gets kicked? 

That will tell more truth about this team than a hundred articles saying how great these moves were.

If you think they won't run into a humbling type of ass kicking, that's not optimistic. It's closer to delusiuonal. 

lol Delusional? How dramatic. 

If you wish to obsess over events that won't happen for almost 2 months, have at it. Me? I'm interested in things going on right now. 

After all the negativity the last few years. It's nice to have something optimistic to hang my hat on. And I sure as heck ain't gonna waste my excitement worrying about something that's 2 months down the line.

9 hours ago, Chief Keek said:

Good grief, the comments the players make about the previous staff just shows how truly out of depth Rhule and co. were.

Still crazy with how obviously bad it was that the ownership let it continue for as long as it did.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

I think the true telling will be Burns and Brown. If those 2 really explode this year, with NFL coaches this could be an extremely surprising team this year.

if any of you remember, Shaq did not like the Rhule hire at the beginning, but he was under contract and played the hand that was dealt. He may improve also.

we all know about Rhule and Marshall. Once he got more playing time, he improved.

we may shock the NFL this year

• Pie 1

9 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yikes. But based on our TE production (or rather lack there of) under Rhule what he's saying certainly makes sense.

I really hope it turns out that we have significantly more talent on this roster than we thought simply simply through competent coaching.

Seems the players think so. And that does matter a lot. Hard not to get excited about the future around here. It been too long since we had a good reason to be excited about the team.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

With how poorly the team was coached until the regime change and a void at the QB position, I can't help but be impressed by the talent that Fitterer & the scouting department have stocked the squad with.

Hurst, Tremble, Thomas, Sullivan, and Ricci is a solid group to go into the season with.