• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Young is officially the starting QB.

pantherclaw

14 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

for those of you who think that he is injury prone, I will say that our 5'10", 200 lb starting QB who was drafted first overall will have a longer career than our 6'5" 250 lb. starting QB who was drafted first overall. 

Sure, some will call me a jinx and others will simply marvel at my ability to see the future--but i have spoken.

I  think you may be correct and this is a very interesting post.  But not sure if it matters. As I said many threads ago, if BY gets a paper cut looking through the playbook someone’s gonna say it’s because he’s not big enough to be an NFL player.  I have a feeling the narrative will follow him throughout his career. 

• Pie 1

16 hours ago, WhoKnows said:

You can’t help it can you, lol. Gotta get the last word in, but I’ll let you reply again and let you have the last word. It is funny that you complain in every thread about other people complaining and don’t see the irony.

Irony is being on a message board, then getting all upset when someone responds to your post. lol

Maybe you should, oh I don't know, maybe google "Message Board". That should give you an idea of how this all works. 

Oh, and thanks for letting me have the last word. I know it's an important part of the give and take. So, thanks for that.

Damm, I love this place.

On 6/8/2023 at 3:15 PM, PanthersATL said:

I wouldn't be surprised if they have a planned flip of Dalton back to QB1 for a week to let Bryce observe and absorb newer stuff, then they put Bryce back in the 1 slot.  

Still don't see any benefit in this. Young will probably know the playbook better than Dalton by week 1. And he's a Heisman winner from a pro system, what's he going to learn sitting on the bench?

• Pie 3

4 hours ago, WUnderhill said:

Meanwhile, in Houston, Stroud is still splitting reps and in “open competition” with Davis Mills. So glad we didn’t hire another defensive HC.

carolina 2023 = the best situation a rookie QB could have fallen into.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 2

On 6/11/2023 at 5:52 AM, MHS831 said:

for those of you who think that he is injury prone, I will say that our 5'10", 200 lb starting QB who was drafted first overall will have a longer career than our 6'5" 250 lb. starting QB who was drafted first overall. 

Sure, some will call me a jinx and others will simply marvel at my ability to see the future--but i have spoken.

To be fair to Cam, the shoulder injury was a fluky thing that could happen to anyone in the NFL. Had nothing to do with his play style outside of him giving 100% effort. Without that, Cam would likely still be in the league.

Is what it is though and yeah, Bryce's career could be longer.

• Pie 2

Any word on when he'll be signing his contract?

Not that I'm all too concerned, but I've never understood why so many first round picks take forever to get their rookie deals worked out now that there is the rookie scale in place.

I know it's usually around offset language, but feel like that generally doesn't become a tough point in contract talks for players going in the Top 5, usually the teams just assume it won't be needed and don't argue over it.  It's the guys in the 5-15ish range that usually haggle over it.

12 hours ago, tukafan21 said:

Any word on when he'll be signing his contract?

Not that I'm all too concerned, but I've never understood why so many first round picks take forever to get their rookie deals worked out now that there is the rookie scale in place.

I know it's usually around offset language, but feel like that generally doesn't become a tough point in contract talks for players going in the Top 5, usually the teams just assume it won't be needed and don't argue over it.  It's the guys in the 5-15ish range that usually haggle over it.

I'd guess that it's probably due to the fact that he's already a millionaire and seemingly very grounded.

On 6/15/2023 at 7:14 AM, KSpan said:

To be fair to Cam, the shoulder injury was a fluky thing that could happen to anyone in the NFL. Had nothing to do with his play style outside of him giving 100% effort. Without that, Cam would likely still be in the league.

Is what it is though and yeah, Bryce's career could be longer.

The injury in 2016 on the broken tackle started the shoulder decline. The TJ Watt hit in 2018 basically ruined his shoulder. I have often wondered though, if Ron would have pulled him out of the season sooner instead of making him throw it the next few weeks, would he have kept some damage off his shoulder. 

At the same time, Cam was a power HB half of his career as well which contributed. 

If Bryce is protected he will last longer, if he has the protection Cam had and barrels into people he will last half of Cams career.

• Pie 3

16 minutes ago, Cdparr7 said:

If Bryce is protected he will last longer, if he has the protection Cam had and barrels into people he will last half of Cams career.

Good post. I think this staff values the protection piece and somehow Rhule managed to leave us with a strong core of linemen. I think Mays and Zavala are good mid/late round pickups  that a team should always be looking for to keep the cupboard full. 

On 6/9/2023 at 9:23 AM, WhoKnows said:

I

We haven’t exactly hit the jackpot in the draft from 2020 to 2022, but we’ve used and started a lot of rookies. Rhule didn’t dilly dally on a single 1st rounder. Horn, Brown and Iky were all starters in training camp and all started day 1.

God, I really hate defending Rhule but I will and hopefully it contributes to one day not hearing him come up in every thread.

Starting them and developing them are 2 different things.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1