• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Are you buying into the media's narrative that we are third tier

Jmac

Most of the stuff I read on line says that we will be a third tier team (at best). I know it's impossible to know at this point, but just looking over the roster at this point. Are they right?

Are you expecting a wild card or .500 team or bottom dweller.

What's the gut feeling on here...

We've got some very specific question marks (outside CB depth, edge setter, & unproven WRs), but it's a really well rounded squad.  Defense could pop.  

Offensively, there's a lot of unknowns but you've got the line talent, good enough receivers, and a fresh #1 overall pick behind center.  

There's just so much new, it's difficult for anyone to project.

I'm all for proving people wrong.  

You can balance out the outside media stuff with the Blueprint series and basically say who the fug knows. It should look more like an NFL team than what we watched the last couple years, but I also think many of us watched that Colts/Broncos TNF game that is in discussion for one of the worst games ever so who knows

• Beer 1

I’m expecting vast improvements from last year. Improvements from a team that was one game and injury(Horn) away from beating Tom Brady and making the playoffs. With a slew of characters named Matt Rhule, Sam Darnold, Baker Mayfield, and even Steve Wilks. 

Our only significant loss is Dj Moore and we’ve replaced him with Adam Theilen, Dj Chark, Jonathan Mingo, and even Hayden Hurst. There’s no way things don’t solidify. We have the top Qb prospect in college, a dream team of coaches, and depth at so many spots. We’re afraid of Derek Carr and Dennis Allen? We’re afraid of a running back? 

I’m sorry but I just won’t go into this season with contempt, I’m too excited in everything else that’s happened, if it’s not the smartest way to be. Keep Pounding.

• Pie 6
  • Beer 1

Am I the only one excited about this team?

I keep going back to playing in a weak division and having a relatively easy schedule.

We have no powerhouse teams on our schedule this year. We don't play the Eagles/49ers at all this year. Our toughest teams are in the AFC Miami/Jacksonville.

There is no reason why we can't win the division. If we in the playoffs it is fair game. The only teams I think we would have trouble beating are the Eagles/49ers. After that we can compete with any team in the NFC.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1