• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Did we get hoodwinked on Miles Sanders

TheBigKat

Meh, I am not to concerned about it.  His cap hit this year ranks in the lower 20's.  For next year, its currently top 10, but that will change, and he will drop.  After that, if he doesn't perform, we cut him for a big cap savings and he does perform, we keep him, perhaps with a restructure.  

Edited by Davidson Deac II

• 2 months later...
On 7/23/2023 at 5:32 AM, pantherj said:

There is no way to tell until he starts putting up numbers for us. Having said that, there is no way in hell I would bring in a high priced free agent RB in today's NFL. That money goes elsewhere, for instance in the passing game. Our blueprint is not what I would chose to win in today's NFL, but it's not my problem. Fitt has a plan and if it doesn't work he'll be out of a job, and our Sunday's will suck for 4 hours.

Welp.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

On 7/22/2023 at 7:17 PM, SmokinwithWilly said:

Between Swift and Penny thats 4 games played before a trip to IR.

This is very important to remember about Swift.  His issue isn't talent, its health.  The Lions could barely get him on the field for 5 carries a game at times.  Even when they were hurting at RB, Swift wasn't healthy enough for much of a workload.