• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tuesday Practice Thread 8/1/23

Ricky Spanish

Just now, joemac said:

Not really....its practice.  From all accounts he has been slicing and dicing everyday.  Pics are gonna happen in practice when you are working on new things.  I couldn't be less worried that he might throw 1 INT per practice. 

I also think it's actually a good thing that he's throwing a pick now and then. It shows he's not losing confidence despite the mistakes. He's a tight window thrower, those are naturally risky.

• Pie 5
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

All the picks Bryce is throwing is concerning. Needs to get that out of his system. 
But it is encouraging to see the offense play well for the most part

I mean if the defense wasn’t getting picks then people would be upset that they’re letting a rookie carve them up. Also, he’s a rookie, picks will happen, it won’t be perfect. 

It’d be more concerning if he was having multi-interception days, which to this point he hasn’t. Breathe, it’ll be okay lol

• Pie 1

12 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

All the picks Bryce is throwing is concerning. Needs to get that out of his system. 
But it is encouraging to see the offense play well for the most part

Mahomes threw a bunch of picks the camp going into his first starting season. These QBs learn what they can and can't get away with in practice. 

not concerning whatsoever 

• Pie 2
  • Poo 1

27 minutes ago, gakonline said:

Can’t remember a training camp where the offense is scoring so many touchdowns. Seems like the defense always dominated and the excuse was the offense takes longer to develop than the D. 

Which says a lot because offenses are supposed to be ahead of defenses in training camp since they're trying out new stuff while the defense is mostly reading and reacting.

The Young interception I think yesterday was really bizarre. He threw it right at Luvu, but there was no offensive player in the area. It was almost like he mistook Luvu for a receiver.

Any INTs that a due to being a little off target are fine right now imo. He needs to develop more chemistry with these receivers. But the Luvu pick worried me a bit.

Edited by pantherj

25 minutes ago, therealmjl said:

He’s thrown 4 picks in total all camp lol what are you talking about? Hasn’t even had a multi pick day yet.

There were spells in the Jake and Cam eras where we had multiple picks a day and offense wouldn’t even score.

A few members of media seems to be pushing this narrative for clickbait

I've been following camps since day 1 and concerns of 4 picks in camp might be one of the most absurd things I can remember I'm terms of fan reactions.

Edited by csx
  • Pie 1

22 minutes ago, therealmjl said:

He’s thrown 4 picks in total all camp lol what are you talking about? Hasn’t even had a multi pick day yet.

There were spells in the Jake and Cam eras where we had multiple picks a day and offense wouldn’t even score.

Apparently you didn’t read the last part of my post. 
I have been impressed with the offense. It feels like he has thrown more because the media seems to be mentioning an interception being thrown often. 
I am not a stat guru and haven’t kept up with how many INTs Bryce has thrown. 
All the people responding to me acting like I am freaking out when nothing on my post even implies that I am. 
Saying something is concerning means I am not worried about it. 

2 minutes ago, pantherj said:

The Young interception I think yesterday was really bizarre. He threw it right at Luvu, but there was no offensive player in the area. It was almost like he mistook Luvu for a receiver.

I didn't see any video but I thought I read that it was a miscommunication? Obviously you don't want to release the ball if there isn't a receiver there but miscommunications happen a lot even with the best QBs. Not necessarily 100% on Bryce is all I'm saying.

• Pie 1

sometimes, you can throw a great and catchable ball and the defender just makes an unreal play on the ball. i know BY has thrown directly to CJ and now someone else, but the CJ one can be attributed to a miscommunication which is to be expected all things considered. it's important to have reasonable expectations. we all expect bryce to be great - he's not going to be perfect.

• Pie 1