• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers trying to trade Corral?

ncfan

17 hours ago, Panther53521 said:

This guy is just guessing the Panthers are trying to trade Corral ….. boy do y’all jump on any tweet or any other media like it the honest truth

Kunkel may in fact know less than the average fan, I remember in 2019 when he said Taylor Heinicke was beating out Kyle Allen and Will Grier to be QB2, and then he got cut a week later

42 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I agree we should try and stash him but I honestly believe he would get scooped up rather quickly

Yeah, I think I misunderstood the "protected player" caveat for PS. He could still technically get poached, it just makes it harder to do so.

" Teams can designate four players every week that are protected from being signed by other teams. This protection starts on Tuesday each week, so every practice squad player is still available to be signed to the regular roster of another team after their team’s game that week until the deadline on Tuesday."

8 minutes ago, Panther53521 said:

You develop Corral, if he does develop and goes to FA after his 4 yrs, we will most likely get a 3rd comp pick …. Wash

How do you develop on the bench?

Trey Lance was supposed to develop. Jordan Love was supposed to develop. In reality we don't know what these guys are because they haven't played.

Will Grier was supposed to develop. Some QB's are just not good. If we had something in Corral im sure he would be the 2nd string QB already. Nothing stands out when he plays. Average arm, not very accurate, lacks pocket awareness. 

But we are supposed to develop him while he's watching Bryce and Dalton taking snaps?

19 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

but they still count toward your 53 man roster, so essentially he would be taking a space of someone who would in theory participate in a game

You're right on one hand about the overall roster, but there are on 47 active players on game day, so you have to have some inactives on game day (usually 7 players).  The 3rd QB can be technically designated as "inactive/QB3," but you can play him in an emergency, so he is the only one who can be designated "inactive" and still theoretically play, so this is an advantage there and will probably justify keeping him on the 53 man roster.

The other option is to cut Corral and keep someone else on the 53.  Hopefully, he clears waivers and you bring him back as a PS QB who you could elevate to the active roster before a game if Young or Dalton gets hurt (the chances of 2 QB's going down in 1 game is rare, but it does happen and did happen in the NFC Championship game which is what brought about the change).

Anyway, hopefully that explains a little more.  Honestly, had they not changed the inactive/QB3 rule, I think the Panthers would have only went with Young and Dalton.  Given this new rule, I think Corral makes the roster but you can make a good argument against it also IMO.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, jtm said:

There is no market for Corral so you might as well hang onto him for this year to see if we can turn him into a back-up.  He's not even good enough to be a 3rd string QB at this point.  

I am trying not to poo posts as often as I once did. But this one is so bad I couldn't resist. 

• Beer 1

I honestly don't see us getting anything for him. He's got no trade value. Granted he's not had many chances to prove himself, but any opportunity he's had to show something, he hasn't.

I guess keep him and hope that with some decent coaching and sitting behind Young and Dalton he can learn some poo.

But overall, my enthusiasm over him last year was misplaced. Some guys have it. I don't see Corral as being one of the "some guys". He's got the tools, but so did Sammy and Baker.

4 hours ago, csx said:

uhhhh no

The consensus around here seems to be we aren’t a playoff team even with Bryce. If he gets hurt I’d rather see MC out there getting reps than Dalton. I’d rather lose with MC than Dalton. Maybe he will flash and look like trade bait. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

It’s hard to comprehend how passionately some fans are against a player who ultimately would be a 3rd string developmental guy. 

Why would these people be happier if we went Young/Dalton vs. Young/Dalton/Corral?

Are you guys passionate about keeping a 5th TE?

Do you think him being around hurts Young?

Educate me outside of “he sucks” please. Even if I agreed that “he’s trash” (it’s too early to say imo), why does it matter to you if we keep a “trash” QB in the 3rd spot? 

We’ve done it before and I don’t recall this level of animosity. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 3