• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Our former WR1 update

NAS

8 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Starting to look like Fields is just a bust. Chicago just can't catch a break with QBs. For such a stories franchise their QB history is pretty awful.

My brother used to say some teams are meant to be QB-less. Look at what happened to Rodgers. He used to swear that if Harrington and Carr went somewhere else they would have been successful.

Same way I think Fields would have been better if drafted by somebody else. In some weird universe twist there is a Mahomes that was drafted by the Jets and turned out terrible.

Edited by Cdparr7
  • Pie 3

1 minute ago, *FreeFua* said:

Fields missed a lot of pretty simple reads while having time on Sunday. Reads a QB should absolutely not be missing in year 3. This was always the concern with Fields. 

Yeah 25 pressures in a game will do that. I mean Burrow looked worse with less pressures (still had a lot) and better weapons. That internal clock going off early is a real thing. 

• Pie 1

5 hours ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

I can’t say based off who he’s been throwing to leading up to this year, I think many recent teams have failed there prospects by giving them subpar weapons and expecting Tom Brady results.

I see similar talent in fields as hurts, teams just have to get the right pieces around some of these guys 

I just see a completely different talent from hurts. Hurts can read the field and is decisive. Fields can't read the field for crap and looks to run more often than not. While Fields is incredible at running the ball, you need to be able to throw the ball as a QB and he has not shown the capacity to be able to do so in any consistency since being drafted. There have been no flashes of great QB play, just highlight reel runs. 

• Beer 1

14 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

I just see a completely different talent from hurts. Hurts can read the field and is decisive. Fields can't read the field for crap and looks to run more often than not. While Fields is incredible at running the ball, you need to be able to throw the ball as a QB and he has not shown the capacity to be able to do so in any consistency since being drafted. There have been no flashes of great QB play, just highlight reel runs. 

I definitely think Hurts is a different tier QB

But it’s hard to ignore the difference the likely best OL in the league  and likely one of the the worst if not THE worst has on the QB play.   Not to mention development.   Because Hurts has made huge growth and development behind that OL.  

• Pie 3

28 minutes ago, frankw said:

Yeah the Fields hate circles back to this. We still took a guy who might not even see a second contract from us.

I think fields hate comes from The people on this board constantly using horns injuries as the reason us taking not taking fields was dumb and set the franchise back.

we didn’t take a qb that draft, and its looking like that it wasn’t a bad call to avoid a qb. However, we will seee.

Edited by TheCasillas
  • Pie 1