• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Time to see what Cade Mays is all about.

Proudiddy

With experience, I feel like Mays will be great. Keep in mind after we drafted him, we knew Austin Corbett was gonna be one of the guards and had a good idea Christensen was switching to the other. So Mays was fairly limited his rookie year. He'll probably make some mistakes (we know Ickey sure did early on), but with patience I think he'll succeed.

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Odd move because Zavala is likely gonna be at LG when Corbett returns.

Maybe if Zavala sucked last week you could go ahead and switch up both spots but he played pretty well so may as well leave the right side functional. Also Cade sucked at RG in camp so maybe he’ll have better luck as a fill in on the left side for a couple weeks. I still think Nash Jensen is the best option out of these backups and might be playing by halftime 

5 hours ago, therealmjl said:

Thomas Brown (I believe it was him at least), said in presser Zavala would stay at RG to maintain some continuity.

I think the tweet I saw saying they were starting also said Reich wouldn't say with side they were playing.  

It's tough.  Zavala looked amazing at RG, so I understand the continuity, but it would probably be worth it to go ahead and put Zavala back next to Ickey and Mays at RG to hold it down until Corbett comes back.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

I think the tweet I saw saying they were starting also said Reich wouldn't say with side they were playing.  

It's tough.  Zavala looked amazing at RG, so I understand the continuity, but it would probably be worth it to go ahead and put Zavala back next to Ickey and Mays at RG to hold it down until Corbett comes back.

Yeah it’s entirely possible they changed their mind as the final days of prep went on. I think Brown said they’d like to keep continuity but odds are Zavala winds up back at LG in a few weeks anyway so it makes plenty of sense to switch him now.