• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

This doesn't help Brian Burns contract talks

CanadianCat

You can put him on the block but the offers are going to be lowball. For all the talk of him disappearing in games and being overrated I feel like even if we had Bosa he would eventually become apathetic with this franchise too. What the hell is the incentive to ball out every week when (A) your offense is consistently a fuging clown show no matter the coach or the QB and (B) when they can't even agree to a contract.

Edited by frankw

2 hours ago, Cuttinedge said:

He ain’t that dude. Terrible in run support and absolutely disappears some games.  Top 5 defenders don’t take games off. Shoulda  traded  him last year. And took Parsons  over the piece of glass db 

I will call this out every time I see someone say we should have taken Parsons.

Parsons was viewed by every team as a MLB, the last thing we needed at that time was to spend a top 10 pick on a MLB.

The only reason Parsons has become maybe the premier pass rusher in the league is because the Cowboys had such injury issues that they started using him to rush the passer and he was too good at it to not move him there permanently. 

People can be upset about taking Horn over a number of players, but Parsons just shouldn't be one of them

8 minutes ago, Call Me James said:

Fitterer would have traded burns then gave up those three picks for Bryce and we’d still be right here 😂 

We gave up 2 firsts, 2 seconds, and Moore to get Bryce

If we make that trade for Burns and get 2 firsts and a second, that means we'd still have a first rounder this upcoming here, maybe even our own and then still have two firsts in 2025 as opposed to right now, only having 1 first in 2025.  

So basically the same situation we're in right now where people want to trade Burns for 2 firsts.

Or, we'd have given one of those firsts to the Bears and kept Moore, either way, I'd rather be in that situation right now, having that first rounder next year would make this season easier to be okay with how it's going.  Especially if it was our own, and with how ours and the Rams seasons ended, there's a chance the Bears would have preferred to have their pick over ours.

Edited by tukafan21
  • Beer 1

5 hours ago, Loyalty4Life said:

If he's not worth elite money, then why did the Rams offer so much to trade for him.  The Panthers offered him very, very good money which would have put him around 5-6th highest Edge rusher contract if the rumors of them offering him a contract similar to Maxx Crosby.

Also, that list is based off of mostly last year when he who shall not be named was coaching the team.

I agree that Burns has not yet proven to be on the level of Bosa, Watt, Garrett but I think he is definitely in that 2nd tier.

Not only that but they went up on aav to 28 before talks broke down about guaranteed money. 

5 hours ago, Castavar said:

Burns is an above average pass rusher and a terrible run defender. Nothing more, nothing less. He is not worth elite money, which is why you should have taken that trade last year and ran. But what does it matter anyway, this incompetent front office would have found a way to waste those picks anyway.

Facts

3 hours ago, Pantherxtreme said:

Burns is going to make yall eat your words this season, he's been a force every game so far. 

Both Luvu and Brown have been beneficiaries of sacks due to the havoc Burns caused. 

It would be a complete failure of this FO if we can't get a long term deal done. 

He was a force early against Atlanta, but he wasn’t a force against NO. I watched some of the SF/Giants game and on a few series series Bosa had more of an impact than Burns had all game against NO.

That said, he got dinged during the game. I wanted to trade him last year, but now I just want a reasonable deal and see him take that next step. It’s already embarrassing that we didn’t take that deal to better the weapons for Young and now it’s worse that we didn’t extend Burns already. Just feels like we have no clue on what we are doing and how we evaluate.

Edited by WhoKnows
  • Pie 1