• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Possible Play Bryce Was Hurt On

Proudiddy

30 minutes ago, The NFL Shield At Midfield said:

Damn the Huddle went from meltdown mode => conspiracy mode => sports psychologist mode => "okay so maybe what the staff said happened was plausible" in record time

I like how suggesting the injury isn't as severe as the team is suggesting is a conspiracy, though.  Literally every team has done it for various reasons.  And again, speculating such when he has shown no visible signs of the injury is reasonable.  Ankle injuries that are usually serious enough that you can't perform athletically typically present with visible signs.

But, regardless, it's worth discussing every angle of possibility - we traded major capital and assets to acquire him and going on three weeks into this pairing of staff and QB, the results have been anything but good.

• Beer 2

28 minutes ago, Smithers said:

An ankle can stiffin up big time after a game.  So it’s possible. 

Frank probably told Andy to throw 7 picks and take a huge L so fans jump back in the BY bandwagon lol

I was just thinking. What if Andy is like... these are my last years in the league, let me help this rookie out.

1 hour ago, frankw said:

At this point whether it's injury or an excuse to sit the end result is the same it doesn't matter. It's another faceplant for the Panthers.

I actually see it as a positive compared to the decision making our team has had in the past with injured players. We have rushed injured players back too quickly (Greg Olsen) and played injured players when it would have been better to sit (Cam Newton) and it always resulted in terrible things for us. I'd rather we let this heal up correctly now than try to send him out and play with the injured ankle and then something happen to make it worse.

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, Proudiddy said:

I like how suggesting the injury isn't as severe as the team is suggesting is a conspiracy, though.  Literally every team has done it for various reasons.  And again, speculating such when he has shown no visible signs of the injury is reasonable.  Ankle injuries that are usually serious enough that you can't perform athletically typically present with visible signs.

But, regardless, it's worth discussing every angle of possibility - we traded major capital and assets to acquire him and going on three weeks into this pairing of staff and QB, the results have been anything but good.

Unless you were one of the people saying that Bryce Young, who as far as I know has never had a coach or a scout say a single negative thing about his character or attitude, is actually a fragile soy boy who can't handle adversity and the team had to fake an injury to bench him so he doesn't Cobain himself, I wasn't talking about you.

• Pie 1

14 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

Don't act like you weren't fully bought in on the theory that this was a fake injury conjured up to cover for the fact that the staff was already kicking Bryce to the curb. "Discussing every angle of possibility" my ass. 

• Pie 2

Do we think Anthony Richardson is faking a concussion? He popped right up after the play like nothing was wrong and now all of a sudden he's not going to play this week??? It's AWFULLY fishy.... I'm worried this entire draft might be filled with a bunch of lazy gen z kids who are going to fake injuries at any and every opportunity in order to sit and collect pay checks.

• Beer 1