• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mr and Mrs Tepper won't be firing themselves and I doubt they'll sell... so what's your solution?

TheBigKat

4 hours ago, TheBigKat said:

We have to be real, he's the owner for the foreseeable future and won't recuse himself or sell. So here's my only solution, we need a team President. 

When Mr. Richardson fired his sons, he hired a team president. We need a Danny Morrison, someone who knows football, real estate, local politics to help navigate the franchise and report back to the Teppers. Someone who can really pick a GM, help negotiate leases, etc. This way Mr. Tepper gets all the face time he wants but has hired someone who actually knows what the heck they are doing

download (1).jpeg

My opinion: We need "a Bill Polian" to be President to handle the football side. Hire a GM, coach, scouts, etc. Real estate, politics, etc. shouldn't be the job of the life-long football guy.

• Poo 2

4 hours ago, SmittysLawnGuy said:

Bro he is trying. He is terrible at it but he tries. You can't deny that.

The only thing he’s trying to do is take credit, if he ever learns to cleans up his own mess of things. That’s not trying.

yall really aren’t curious in the slightest why Tepper relies on his wife and customer service rep to help him and doesn’t actually hire football people?

Not curious why he can somehow look back at his legendary/historical failings as an owner and still want to call shots like he’s capable? Not at all?

it’s because he wants to be in the spotlight should he ever figure out how things work. His ego is too big. And losing no matter how long is of no concern. He can’t do that if he hires someone to run this properly and then has success. That would also be actually trying.

• Pie 1

5 hours ago, LegioX said:

At this rate I see Tepper moving the team if we keep this crap losing rate up for the next 3-5 years. There is no contract with Panthers and current stadium. Tepper did not build his sports complex in South Carolina. What’s keeping him here? He would probably run tail and start fresh somewhere else with a new fan base.

He has to have the vote of 3/4 of the other team owners to move the team. It will not happen. 

11 hours ago, RJK said:

They’ll move the team to San Antonio or some poo 

It’s not out of the realm of possibility but it’d probably be in New Braunfels or San Marcos in between Austin and San Antonio. The Spurs are talking about building a new stadium in San Marcos and if they do that I could see an NFL team piggybacking on that and building a stadium nearby. The Spurs would straight up move to Austin if they could get a lease at the Moody Center. Maybe they’ll finally build a rail between ATX and SATX too….

5 hours ago, Stuart Smith said:

He has to have the vote of 3/4 of the other team owners to move the team. It will not happen. 

Never say never and I honestly think with how much the fanbase hates him that give it another 3-5 years of being a dipshit retard franchise and empty stands and he will run away with the team. We will get another franchise just like the Bobcats/Hornets a few years later. But this time I hope they don’t bring back the cursed black cat mascot.

• Pie 1

13 hours ago, tukafan21 said:

I'll say this knowing full well it could break this site for the most poo'd post ever, but.......

I honestly wouldn't care if he moved the team.

I've been a die hard fan since year 2 (as you can see from my user name choice) but I have no connection to the Carolina's and the only times I've ever been in either state was my one trip to Charlotte for a home game (happened to be Clausen's first start, smh) and when I visited Clemson in high school while considering going there.

So if he moved the team, I'd have no real issue with it as I'd still be a fan and not losing my football team from my city.

Okay, poo away............

The only thing that keeps me a fan of this franchise is the CAROLINA in in Carolina Panthers. Take that away and I'm completely out. I'm one foot out of the door of my fandom as it is anyways.

Hopefully, in the next several years a new franchise would come here and be respectable.

39 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The last piece of Panthers gear I bought was a Cam jersey that I bought about midway through his rookie year. 

So almost a decade since your last purchase and you post this much?! I know we suck but i'm still going to rep my squad. This year's purchase for me will probably be from the new Salute to Service merch. I'm digging the brown.