• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fans are not exempt from blame

ChuckWag78

2 minutes ago, t96 said:

lol fug off, the team has been trash since Tepper bought them the fans don't owe him or the team anything, team needs to earn it with the product on the field. BoA was electric with Cam and Luke in their primes 2013-2015, 2017

Can't agree with you fully. I've seen too many Bears, Jets, Browns and Dolphins games to go for that. Admittedly, I mostly watch the Panthers, but BoA is the most opposing fan-infected stadium that I've ever seen. If you didn't know the Panthers played there, on any given Sunday you'd probably think it was an away game by listening to the crowd. 

• Flames 1

I was at the game and did see a lot of purple. Honestly quite surprised to see a lot of Theilan Vikings jersey, whether they supported Vikings or Theilan I don’t know.  I saw a lot of old panthers legends jerseys, smith, Newton, kuechly, even Delhomme. Our current team has no one to root for, we’ve been gutted of talent and haven’t replaced them. I honestly thought about buying a jersey today but didn’t see anyone worth buying for $200. A Chinn jersey? Yeah right get out of here! 

3 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Can't agree with you fully. I've seen too many Bears, Jets, Browns and Dolphins games to go for that. Admittedly, I mostly watch the Panthers, but BoA is the most opposing fan-infected stadium that I've ever seen. If you didn't know the Panthers played there, on any given Sunday you'd probably think it was an away game by listening to the crowd. 

Vegas and both LA teams are worse, unsurprisingly based on locations, but all 4 of those teams you mentioned have been in the league significantly longer than the Panthers and over time have built up fanbases consisting of lifelong fans and people who have grown up with those teams over decades. NC is a transplant area which hurts considerably and also a pretty young team so there are much less people who can afford season tickets that grew up rooting for the team. In 20-30 years it will be more equalized, assuming we still have a team here...

I was a vocal supporter of stroud even after the draft.  I think I almost got banned for questioning Bryce after draft day 

Edit: now I read the op lol. Yea you can't expect huge turnouts for fans when you're on your 6th losing season in a row. We're approaching  2000-2017  Browns levels of ineptitude 

Edited by Hoenheim

What a bad take, with how much it costs to go to an NFL game these days, you can't blame the fans for not wanting to put out that kinda money to watch this team right now.

I live in Michigan, the Panthers have only been here a handful of times, there is a 0.0% chance I'm going to the game next week, this team isn't deserving of me spending my money on them right now.

6 minutes ago, Sir Big Spurr said:

I’m to the point that I don’t even want to watch from my couch. You couldn’t pay me to go watch that garbage in person. Call me what you want, but I don’t owe this team a f’n thing!

My feeling exactly, I don't owe blind loyalty to any sports team, especially one that has 7 winning seasons going on 28 years. This is a bad franchise from the top down that hasn't really done anything special in it's entire existence, fans don't owe them a damn thing.

• Beer 1