• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Not one tax dollar. None. Zero. Zilch.

Zod

1 hour ago, hepcat said:

My dude, be careful what you wish for, because I am 100% certain that after the failure of the Rock Hill project, the continued poor performance of the team and subsequent poor attendance from fans, David Tepper is certainly beginning to consider moving the team. He has run out of goodwill with the community and with the fans. Their Linkedin page is their only social media devoid of constantly being berated for being an awful franchise. 

Why would anyone care? IMO it's almost a get out of jail free card to be given a legitimate out to hit fandom free agency without being a turncoat.

Logistically you cant put a team in Europe and have them compete with US based teams.  The division schedule alone would be a nightmare assuming its one of the East divisions and the conference and non conference games would be a poo show of inequity.

That aside

Tax money shouldnt go into stadiums unless the stadiums are owned by the city/state.

Edited by Cullenator
  • Pie 1

1 hour ago, hepcat said:

My dude, be careful what you wish for, because I am 100% certain that after the failure of the Rock Hill project, the continued poor performance of the team and subsequent poor attendance from fans, David Tepper is certainly beginning to consider moving the team. He has run out of goodwill with the community and with the fans. Their Linkedin page is their only social media devoid of constantly being berated for being an awful franchise. 

Or, you know, he could dedicate himself and his ample resources to making this team a winner, and one that the people of Charlotte want to spend their hard earned money on to support. 

• Beer 1

Limited spots to relocate, but there are a few out there. St. Louis would probably be the easiest to pull off. SLC, San Antonio, San Diego, Oakland, Orlando, Austin, Sacramento, Providence and Portland would be other possibilities but most of those would face some opposition from current teams and what they see as home markets.

If European expansion ever happens it won't be 1 team on an island to itself. Think more along the lines of the Big 10 taking in a chunk of the PAC.

4 hours ago, methodtoll said:

I do wonder if the Carolinas would ever get a new team if the Panthers move... If so, I kind of hope it's an AFC team.

Personally, I think there are investors inside the Carolinas that would miss having a football team and will try every way possible to get one back.

@TheBigKat, are you interested in putting together an ownership group?

• Pie 1

I also don’t care if they move bc they’re an embarrassment to the Carolinas. I got to enjoy some fun seasons but it’ll never even be as good as it was in 2017 again. 

I also have no interest in the NFL at all outside of this shitheap so their moving enables me to be as invested in it as Bangladesh cricket 

7 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Keep in mind that the "value" of the NFL is team value. It's like any other investment, it's value isn't based on how much raw money it makes.

Carolina is a small market team. There are ample areas it can go and be more valuable than it is here. How about Toronto? Mexico City? London? 

I wouldn't place a bet on the franchise moving from CLT but I am not foolish enough to say it couldn't happen. Tepper was a ruthless businessman, there is no reason to think he wouldn't stay ruthless as an owner.

Many years ago I did an article for Charlotte Magazine on the NFL coming to Charlotte. This was like 1990. What I found was, when you take in Columbia, Greensboro, Raleigh/Durham as a television market (which, for NFL purposes, you can), the Charlotte market was Number 4. Due to the growth in the past 30 years, it's even larger now.

1 minute ago, Hogan said:

Many years ago I did an article for Charlotte Magazine on the NFL coming to Charlotte. This was like 1990. What I found was, when you take in Columbia, Greensboro, Raleigh/Durham as a television market (which, for NFL purposes, you can), the Charlotte market was Number 4. Due to the growth in the past 30 years, it's even larger now.

However the traditional TV model is built on some very, very, very shaky foundations 

4 hours ago, joemac said:

Or, you know, he could dedicate himself and his ample resources to making this team a winner, and one that the people of Charlotte want to spend their hard earned money on to support. 

Sadly, I have it from a good source that Tepper really does care and wants to succeed. I was told this last winter during the coaching search. So, he listened. He really did. And that's why he fired Wilks. So he could hire an offensive minded coach. 

So, he does care and wants to succeed.

The bad news is he is going to "succeed" HIS way. Meaning, he will be CEO/President and continue to hire guys like Fitterer. And guys like Fitterer will answer to Tepper, NOT a seasoned football man.

So, yes, he cares. But, he will always be hands on. That's why he bought the team. Because he wants to RUN an NFL franchise. Not just OWN the team. But RUN the team. Be President and CEO. He believes he can build a successful, winning NFL franchise. He truly believes that.

I am a native Charlottean. I bought season tickets the first day they went on sale for the Hornets in 1986. And I bought PSLs for the Panthers when they first became available in 1993. 

And because of David Tepper, I too, hope he just moves the team to another city. I'd rather not have a team than have a "Donald Sterling," or "Daniel Snyder," or "Ted Stepian," or "Robert Irsey," or "Bill Bidwell" run things.

5 hours ago, Cullenator said:

Logistically you cant put a team in Europe and have them compete with US based teams.  The division schedule alone would be a nightmare assuming its one of the East divisions and the conference and non conference games would be a poo show of inequity.

That aside

Tax money shouldnt go into stadiums unless the stadiums are owned by the city/state.

You can if you put up to 3 team there, which is what they are planning. Then each USA team spends min 3 weeks over there.

One issue is try-outs and practice player pools. They are going to have a larger practice squads and maybe hold the tryouts on the east coast. 

trust me theres too much money to be had and the gambling will force this.