• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mr “I won’t stand up for Mediocrity” observes practice today

ncfan

Having Tepper involved is the reason why the Panthers have been bad since he bought the team. If he was smart, he would stay away and let the football people figure it out but we all know this is not going to happen…and the Panthers will continue to lose. 
No coach or GM will be successful until Tepper stops meddling 

Edited by thennek
  • Beer 1

12 minutes ago, KillerKat said:

Its like I said in my next post. Reichs hiring was almost solely depending on who he would be able to bring in and how the staff would be formed.

Hey I’d love it if this were true. It’s kind of dumb to hire a new HC with a short leash in mind, but if that gives Brown play calling quicker I’m down with it.

1 hour ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

That's just delaying the inevitable.

The HC might be already on the roster. Promote Evero to HC and see how that goes.

Honestly Evero is the only one on our staff that I want as a potential HC. 
Since he will likely be gone in the next season or two. 
Which he definitely deserves seeing as he has made the poor man’s defense look like gold. 

Edited by TLGPanthersFan
  • Pie 1

Just now, ForJimmy said:

Hey I’d love it if this were true. It’s kind of dumb to hire a new HC with a short leash in mind, but if that gives Brown play calling quicker I’m down with it.

If Reich doesnt give up playcalling, that could be the death nail of his HC career.

• Pie 2

55 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

For those who will be at the game now and moving forward, it'd be real funny to get some Oakland A's fan energy into a "sell the team" chant.

I have been one of the few it seems to be practicing patience until after the bye week, but I thought we'd have AT LEAST 1 win by then with some semblance of progress being shown week over week.

Not throwing in the towel just yet, but I'm close. If we end up with the worst record in the NFL with no first round pick and this coaching staff, clean house top to bottom, hire a director of football operations, and sit the fug down and shut the fug up Tepper.

Only one team has made the playoffs starting 0-4. 
Towel is already thrown. 

14 minutes ago, Knaakedup said:

What in the world make you want to keep this coaching staff though? Why would we want stability with the worst coaching staff in the league? The right GM, the right staff = winning team and stability. We currently have neither. 

We don’t have the roster to attract a good replacement. We’ll also have the reputation for having a terrible owner who won’t give a staff time to learn and figure things out. We’ll just end up with another scrub who needs to be fired in 2 years.

Tepper needs to give these guys more Than 4 games and he needs to figure out why his decision making has been so bad before embarking on his 3rd HC search.

1 hour ago, CBDellinger said:

IDC if you like Frank or not... Tepper firing him midway thru his first season is a terrible idea on many fronts.  In the end all if would do is cause chaos and prove to everyone that Tepper is an impulsive idiot.

Too late for that buddy.

Edited by frankw
  • Pie 1
  • The D 1

If anybody here's hoping for a firing, you're missing the totality of the circumstances of exactly how and why we're fuged as we are.

Tepper won't fire himself. That's what is needed. Him firing his newly hired coach one month into the season will absolutely not make getting a job here enticing. We don't have the history that, say, Dallas does where dudes will absolutely go there and suffer Jerry because it's the Dallas Cowboys. 

59 minutes ago, Tbe said:

We don’t have the roster to attract a good replacement. We’ll also have the reputation for having a terrible owner who won’t give a staff time to learn and figure things out. We’ll just end up with another scrub who needs to be fired in 2 years.

Tepper needs to give these guys more Than 4 games and he needs to figure out why his decision making has been so bad before embarking on his 3rd HC search.

Ok

that terrible owner paid a lot of money to Rhule

that terrible owner opened the checkbook and gave Reich everything and everybody he wanted 

coaches coach. Players play. General managers and scouting get the players 

if I’m Tepper and has paid billions and see all the fans walking away, I’m going to be at practice too. There is nothing like ‘management by walking around’

either these are the dumbest, unmotivated, unathletic players around or it’s a coaching problem and it needs to be fixed.

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, Frank9999 said:

Pretty soon that kind of environment  is gonna make no one want to take a job here at all. I think he needs to ride Reich out the season. 

At the end of the day, there are only 32 HC jobs at the highest level of football, and 1 of those is with the Panthers. 

People will always be interested in that.