• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers GameDay thread or something

Zod

My recommendation to everyone is to go on a nature trail walk or something. Its a beautiful day outside, Fall is finally here.

But hey, if you want to see the Panthers lose then have at it.

Someone will make a 10,000 word essay on here about how Bryce's 1 good almost completion means that he's actually an elite rookie QB, so don't watch for "development" or w/e.

Too busy to watch the game today. Will check the score and maybe pop on some highlights if it looks like miraculously they might pull off a win. I’m expecting a massive blowout and calls for Reich to get fired but I think fitterer gets the axe at the bye week 

One team has an all time motivator at coach who has harnessed the blue chip, junkyard dog mentality of the city he embraced to build a legitimate contender that plays exciting, but disciplined football on both sides of the ball.

The other team is the most vanilla organization in the league that has zero identity and has a straight up depressing roster.

Injuries aside, the Lions will remember what we did to them last December and they’ll be motivated. 37-16 Lions

• Pie 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• PMH4OWPW7JD2TDGWZKTOYL2T3E.jpg

• Topics

• I think you've taken my comment out of context as well. I never implied that his father being a psychologist would make him a better leader or make him a psychologist. If your dad is a lawyer, you're more likely to be exposed to law. If your dad is a doctor you're more likely to be exposed to medicine that's all.  My question is, why did you take my comment that way? 
    • Are you guys trying to say that the Cam ‘haters’  exactly mirror the Darnold ‘lovers”? Same people?  I don’t think that is it at all. I think it is more likely to be different people, probably with some overlap. This racism thing, when most of the team and league is Black and people are big fans of plenty of Black players, but have football issues with one or two and that makes them a racist? I don’t understand that at all.   I will tell you also, Sam Darnold at the price he would have cost, and all that cost invested in other areas plus we’d have DJ Moore, was a far better option than what they did.   
    • More of the same, but with actual statistics thrown in with the film review. It's a long one He puts blame on the offense and coaches as well, but doesn't sound too high on Bryce's ceiling. Lots of words but here's the basic summary Young’s lack of arm strength and size creates little room for error in his play. If he takes one extra hitch or is a hair late getting rid of the football, defenders often make plays on the ball or squeeze windows even tighter. The issue is that Young constantly needs to take an extra hitch to get enough zip on the ball when throwing to the outside and he often needs to work backward in the pocket to see that target. What does this all mean for Young going forward? Well, let’s just say it’s not exactly a rosy start to his professional career. It’s a rough statistical profile and his play wasn’t overwhelming when I studied him. Yes, former No. 1 picks like Goff and Trevor Lawrence have overcome their horrid rookie years to become viable quarterbacks, but those are the exceptions to the rule, and Lawrence showed more glimpses of high-end play during his rookie year during the Urban Meyer experience than Young did under Reich and the rest of the Panthers' funky bunch coaches. This is not to say that Young is a bust already, either. His accuracy and intelligence still translate to every offense and still give him a floor as a viable starter, and better teammates, like the newly acquired Diontae Johnson and explosive rookie wideout Xavier Legette, should help highlight those traits even more. But, you take a player No. 1 overall to move the needle, not to just get the job done. Young has a path to be a quarterback who can keep an offense on time with some ad-libbing ability to add creativity and spice to an offense (Alex Smith, another quarterback with a rough rookie season, is a play style and career comparison I keep coming back to for Young). But to justify that 1.1 selection, Young (and Canales) have to push it even more in 2024 and beyond. https://sports.yahoo.com/bryce-youngs-hopes-for-a-bounce-back-season-with-panthers-comes-down-to-more-than-just-his-supporting-cast-140010168.html