• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Observer: Is it time for Panthers to go to Andy Dalton?

Dorian Gray

1 minute ago, RumHam said:

Dalton should have started the season. Then Tepper was like no we need hype he's ready put him out there all in his vince mcmahon voice.

Yep, It would have been better to have eased Bryce in, like after the bye week, then to start him right out of the gate and get abused.  Nobody is going to take it easy on a rookie QB in the NFL.  Now we are looking at 0-17 as a real possibility because the front office has already made the commitment to ride with him no matter what.  At least if Bryce went winless after the bye, Dalton would have gotten us at least a few wins to make this season a little more tolerable.

2 hours ago, 45catfan said:

Yep, It would have been better to have eased Bryce in, like after the bye week, then to start him right out of the gate and get abused.  Nobody is going to take it easy on a rookie QB in the NFL.  Now we are looking at 0-17 as a real possibility because the front office has already made the commitment to ride with him no matter what.  At least if Bryce went winless after the bye, Dalton would have gotten us at least a few wins to make this season a little more tolerable.

There’s not a game this season that Andy would have won. Just let that go. This is a bad football team and we’re talking about Andy fuging Dalton. It’s like Derek Anderson all over again. What it’s wrong with y’all. 

2 hours ago, Varking said:

If Bryce is healthy he has to play. 

Yeah getting an extra win or 2 and still having uncertainty at the QB position is pointless.  We would just have a worse 2nd round pick and not know if Bryce can be developed on not.  Bryce should be playing this year and probably next (with more help).  If he still struggles and it's bad I could see us doing a reboot in 2025.  

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

There’s not a game this season that Andy would have won. Just let that go. This is a bad football team and we’re talking about Andy fuging Dalton. It’s like Derek Anderson all over again. What it’s wrong with y’all. 

I'm not so sure about that. Based on how well the defense played the first two weeks of the season, I think we could have beat the Falcons and Saints to start the season. I don't think Dalton would have thrown those 2 costly picks to the same player in identical circumstances in the Atlanta game. We only needed one more score against the New Orleans to win it or send it into overtime for the the Monday night game. 

If Bryce hadn't had the sack fumble that resulted in a TD for Minnesota we could have won that game as well. We could be 3-2 or 2-3 at worst if Dalton had started the season.

That doesn't mean I think it was a mistake to start the rookie. I think Bryce needs all the reps that he can get to gain experience. None of the 1st four games were blowouts and were winnable with him behind center if he taken better care of the ball the coaches put the team in a better position to score points on offense.

• Beer 2