• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How long are you willing to give Bryce the benefit of the doubt

How long?  

143 members have voted

1. 1. topic title

• I'm already done with him/never wanted him
    • Giving him the rest of the season, if he's still mediocre EOS I'm out
    • Next Season, if he's still mediocre next season I'm out
    • I'm following the year 3 rule
    • Until he gets a new coach/GM (whenever that may be)
    • Jay-Z
    • Other (please specify)

Almost without exception a franchise QB shows it in some way by year 2. Plenty of great QBs have struggled their rookie year. I’ll give Bryce next year (especially if we have a new staff with legit offensive coaches) but if he still sucks then that’s it for me

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Rookie year I won't be anything besides disappointed with poor performance. But it would be nice to see him put together some complete games (ex 2-4 tds, no ints or fumbles, 300 yards passing). If he can't play a good clean game even once this year I'm gonna be fairly negative by the end of the year but not "out " on him

2nd year, if he continues to consistently underperform, I'd probably be mentally done with him halfway through that season.  Def by the end of it.

I kinda wish we could do a goff/rams senario where he sucked with Jeff fisher but ripped it up with mcvay and promptly out dueled mahomes one year and went to a super bowl soon after.

We need a mcvay instead of a Reich. And a real gm to get Bryce some help. And tepper needs to let actual football people manage the team and go do other billionaire poo. That might be the biggest problem in the last few years since he bought the panthers. The only common denominator amongst all this 5 to 6 years of losing has been David Tepper.

Edited by Hoenheim
  • Pie 5

10 minutes ago, Hoenheim said:

Rookie year I won't be anything besides disappointed with poor performance. But it would be nice to see him put together some complete games (ex 2-4 tds, no ints or fumbles, 300 yards passing). If he can't play a good clean game even once this year I'm gonna be fairly negative by the end of the year but not "out " on him

2nd year, if he continues to consistently underperform, I'd probably be mentally done with him halfway through that season.  Def by the end of it.

I kinda wish we could do a goff/rams senario where he sucked with Jeff fisher but ripped it up with mcvay and promptly out dueled mahomes one year and went to a super bowl soon after.

We need a mcvay instead of a Reich. And a real gm to get Bryce some help. And tepper needs to let actual football people manage the team and go do other billionaire poo. That might be the biggest problem in the last few years since he bought the panthers. The only common denominator amongst all this 5 to 6 years of losing has been David Tepper.

Agree wholeheartedly with this, well said

• Pie 1

Depends exactly what you mean by benefit of the doubt.

In terms of how I personally feel about him as an NFL QB, well that ship has already sailed.  Never liked him pre-draft due to physical limitations and injury concern, but accepted him as our pick and got on board with the "super brain" and was hopeful.  But these first 4 games of his have shown my pre-draft concerns to be real life issues, and maybe even worse than I even was expecting, he really does look like a little kid out there.

Don't get me wrong, I'm desperately hoping he proves me wrong and we don't need to replace him anytime soon and we can work to build a winning team around him.

I just have no optimism left in that, I think he's a total bust, just as I expected during the pre-draft process.

In terms of how long do we as a team give him?

If we have a Top 5 pick in 2025 after 2 years, he hasn't shown drastically higher upside, and there is a QB prospect there worth taking, then I'm doing it.  If there isn't a QB worth taking and he's still bad, then it really depends on the coaching situation.  

If Reich is still here, I give him that 3rd year as well and hope he either finally shows up or is bad enough to put us in position to draft someone new.  If Reich is gone, it comes down to how the rest of the squad looks, if they're a solid group that can push for the division, I'm looking for someone new in FA for 2025, if not, I'm just letting the 3rd year play out, then cut him after the season and find someone in the draft or FA for 2026.

Having all our picks again in 2026, I'm not against just completely sucking until then and doing a hard re-set on things.  It's not what I want, but it just might be the best path forward for long term sustained success.

Most rookies who struggle, it's because of mental mistakes because they're still not there yet, but he just physically doesn't look like he belongs out there, and I mean in way more ways than his stature, and that's quite concerning as there isn't much that can be done for that.

Edited by tukafan21
  • Pie 7

When it's all said and done Bryce Young will be the best QB the Panthers ever had. 

He will lead us to the promise land

And y'all will remember this day, the day the football gods 🙏 have look down on your pity souls 😭 

Have no fear the underdog is here, Almighty mouse 🐭 the Gingerbread Man(not the actual "ginger" but you get "IT")

Edited by Bluetooth
  • Pie 1

I am very vocal that I did not want him and wanted CJ. But I will keep my track record of giving a guy 3 years. I'm not giving up on him since the situations he's in right now deteriorated so fast. No clear weapon other than Theilen (which isn't optimal), O-line is in shambles, RB is ass cheeks and dare I say Chubba is the best RB in that group. Bryce doesn't have the physical traits to carry this team on his back like Cam did. They HAVE to give him help. It goes back to his physical traits. He has the mind for it but his physical traits are limited. That's not on him either, that's on this coaching staff. You knew it, you chose him. Work around it or help him. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1