• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

DJ Johnson, Mingo and Jamie Robinson

Frank9999

What's been so disappointing is that the "talking heads" of NFL media have loved a BUNCH of players out of our drafts.  TMJ was highly regarded.  Butler was loved.  Zavala and Mays were both "great value picks."  But they aren't panning out.  Is this an issue of talent or development?

At a certain point - it does become apparent, but we're so bad right now, it's hard to determine did we just draft duds, or is it primarily a coaching problem?  I know winning cures all, but we're still at a point where we need to improve the team - one way or another.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, CarolinaRideorDie said:

I feel like Fitterer is a yes man. He'll agree to recommendations just so he won't be fired. He let Rhule have a heavy influence on the past drafts, Yes man to Tepper with Young pick, yes man to dumb trades. I don't know that Fitt really has a plan on how to manage a team. If he is a yes man, he should listen to the huddle and resign. 

Try It Team Usher GIF by The Voice

• Pie 1

We have had THE worst depth in the league for 3 years straight, and it's because of dumbass picks like these. Motherfugger would have probably dropped to the 6th round, and Fitterer's dumbass traded UP for him in the fuggin 3rd round.

He was a 24 year old rookie who played fuggin TE in 2020 for God's sake. Where was the upside with this pick?

Edited by Castavar
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

granted this is worded pretty vaguely but nonetheless its a bit worrisome

https://pantherswire.usatoday.com/2023/06/27/2023-nfl-draft-panthers-nicole-tepper-trade-call-dj-johnson/

edit - I meant to quote the post right above mine

Lol. Do you really think Nicole Tepper did the trade itself or do you think she dialed the Steelers as a former minority owner to grease the skids?

I read that and also found this one nugget where in February Thomas Brown talks about needing a point guard. It also mentions Brown collaborating with Reich on evaluations, again in February. It was April after the pick that Tepper talked about being Young as a point guard and potentially not needed Moore.

https://pantherswire.usatoday.com/2023/02/23/panthers-oc-thomas-brown-introductory-press-conference-qb/

https://pantherswire.usatoday.com/2023/04/28/2023-nfl-draft-panthers-owner-david-tepper-bryce-young-day-2-picks/

Lots of people used that as the Tepper made the decision on Young and forced him down the throats of others. Personally, I think Fitt, Reich and everyone else did decide on Young and talked about the point guard aspect in selling it to Tepper and making everyone ok with throwing in Moore. That also doesn’t mean that these guys didn’t like Stroud and Richardson, they still liked Young more.

• Pie 1

Fitt is a bad GM. I dont necessarily need to see any more from him. 

Strike 1: Terrible depth

Strike 2: Burns trade fiasco

Strike 3: Not signing another WR to pair with Theilen. Hopkins and Julio Jones were both available.

He's out

Edited by Daeavorn

5 hours ago, CarolinaRideorDie said:

I feel like Fitterer is a yes man. He'll agree to recommendations just so he won't be fired. He let Rhule have a heavy influence on the past drafts, Yes man to Tepper with Young pick, yes man to dumb trades. I don't know that Fitt really has a plan on how to manage a team. If he is a yes man, he should listen to the huddle and resign. 

yeah one of the primary jobs of a GM is to parse information accordingly.  however ,when you have a GM whom cannot properly analyze information due to their obvious lack of knowledge you wind up with a GM such as Scott Fitterer saying yes all the time. 

Edited by bandu
  • Pie 1