• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Trade Deadline & Speculation Thread

Bear Hands

On 10/28/2023 at 10:19 AM, GhostWhispah said:

Its up to Fitter to trade Burns since he refused to give him the extension he so deserved! And if he doesn't, he's walk for nothing. What a clown this guy is.

Trade Burns for Jamo NOW!!!!

https://sidelionreport.com/posts/3-players-the-detroit-lions-could-trade-for-to-bolster-lagging-pass-rush/3

https://heavy.com/sports/detroit-lions/brian-burns-jameson-williams-nfl-rumors/

It's a WIN WIN for both sides to fill a BIG NEED!!!  DO IT FITTER!!!!

His chemistry  with Bryce is underrated. A wr I'd definitely  be on board for. His rookie contract also helps us continue  to build. I been on the Metcalf train too but Jameson  allows for more building and His stock is lower. 

10 hours ago, GamecockSmitty4 said:

Prediction: we trade a late pick for a big RB. Cheap way for a big improvement. Right now this is a big deal on short yardage plays not having a single QB or RB that can move a pile. 

We would be insane to trade away any picks even late one for a RB.  Any RB we get using a late round pick is not going to be any better than someone we have on the roster.   If you are going to reach for a RB I'd rather poach one off a practice squad which would only force us to keep him on the roster.

15 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

We would be insane to trade away any picks even late one for a RB.  Any RB we get using a late round pick is not going to be any better than someone we have on the roster.   If you are going to reach for a RB I'd rather poach one off a practice squad which would only force us to keep him on the roster.

Definitely and a big back won’t be very effective out of our primarily shotgun offense. But I would definitely ship a late pick for a proven Vet WR to help Bryce develop 

They absolutely need to do something in order to help Bryce. I truly dgaf who they trade from the defense if it means helping Bryce out on the offensive side of the ball. What he’s working with right now is criminal. 

The last few weeks Bryce has proved a lot while doing so with below average talent. 6 games into a career. Please get this kid some damn help

Former beat writer Jonathan Jones reiterates Burns is unlikely to be traded:

Teams are being told Carolina is unwilling to trade Brian Burns. Safety Jeremy Chinn was the most likely player to be moved there before his quad injury landed him on IR. Cornerback Donte Jackson and wide receiver Terrace Marshall Jr. are also on the block.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-trade-deadline-2023-all-of-the-latest-rumblings-including-which-teams-are-buyers-and-who-they-may-target/

25 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Burns for a 1st+.  TMJ or Chark for some day 3 picks.  Donte Jackson possibly a day 2 pick or a combination of early day 3 picks.

I don't know how you can let Chark or Jackson go unless you get a significant offer. Chark still offers some semblance of a deep threat (if Bryce can get time to throw). And, we are thin on DBs at the moment.