• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is Jaycee Horn pulling a "business decision McCaffrey" on us?!?

TheBigKat

He has enough tape out there to show he can be a lockdown but MAYBE he just doesn't want to play here?

He has been awfully slow to recover from his injuries at such a young age

Son of a former player who's also a man of questionable character https://assets.espn.go.com/nfl/news/2002/0128/1319126.html

I am starting to wonder if he's taking his sweet ole time to nurse those injuries, we don't pick up that 5th year option and he goes on to be a Saints legend lockdown CB

• Pie 1
  • Poo 7

No

CMC had years of never missing games and playing at a HOF level while doing so.

Horn hasn’t shown near enough on the field or enough health to slow walk a recovery to try and force a trade. 

Also, I never felt CMC did that, I thought at the end of both seasons is was more likely the team that shut him down, why risk further injury and hurt our draft position for him to play in a couple meaningless late season games.

• Pie 2

33 minutes ago, TheBigKat said:

He has enough tape out there to show he can be a lockdown but MAYBE he just doesn't want to play here?

He has been awfully slow to recover from his injuries at such a young age

Son of a former player who's also a man of questionable character https://assets.espn.go.com/nfl/news/2002/0128/1319126.html

I am starting to wonder if he's taking his sweet ole time to nurse those injuries, we don't pick up that 5th year option and he goes on to be a Saints legend lockdown CB

Probably.

I will always believe CMC made sure to "save himself" when he had injuries the two years prior to being traded.  He was awesome for us and then got that bag.  Once that contract was signed he didn't come back from injuries which he could have....if he had wanted to.  The company line may have been the team shut him down, but CMC had no desire to be part of the dumpster fire Rhule was rolling out there.

Last year he stayed healthy and had some good games for us and when we fell out of contention the decision was made to trade him.  I don't disagree about trading him, but we then gave him his choice of the Rams or the 49ers.  Of course he chose to go play for Shanahan in San Francisco.  It all worked out so well for him and his model fiance - it was exactly what he wanted.

A year later he has been tearing it up and playing hard.  He got hurt last week and was back for the Vikings game.  If he was still a Panther he might have been done for the season.

This is my opinion and I appreciate his effort when he was here and establishing himself, but I will not be pulling for him to win  a Super Bowl etc. because he dogged it until he got what he ultimately wanted.  In hindsight I wish he would have just been honest when it was time to sign his big deal and told the Panthers he didn't want to be in Carolina or the East Coast.  He didn't and we got some draft picks, but we lost a very dynamic player who could have helped us......he just didn't want to - at least under Rhule. 

Edited by Rocky Davis
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1