• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce outplayed Stroud today

Dorian Gray

6 minutes ago, Varking said:

Bryce for sure gained ground today.

Contrary to belief i give bryce his credit today. He played well, i mean you cant hate on those numbers. I just still refuse to entertain and stroud vs bryce dialogue.  Its still not a worthy debate to me. Lol

4 minutes ago, OneBadCat said:

Bryce looks good and he deserves that credit but god damn we need to figure out 3rd and goal. We can’t be in shotgun in that situation.

I really don't like shotgun in short yardage situations. Maybe as a wrinkle here and there but for the most part most teams need to be under center there. Running out of shotgun in those situations is just giving the D a headstart and forcing your RB to start from a stand still instead of taking the handoff already running downhill.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

6 minutes ago, OneBadCat said:

Bryce looks good and he deserves that credit but god damn we need to figure out 3rd and goal. We can’t be in shotgun in that situation.

Chubba up the gut 2x on the goaline is some pretty bad play calling.  He's not a bruiser.  Seriously WTF.

He had his best game of the year and has been improving lately, no denying that.

But I still don't see him being an upper echelon QB in this league though, especially with these hits he's taking.  Sure, give him all the credit in the world for keeping bouncing back up, but look what the continued hits did to someone like Cam, Bryce won't hold up long term if he keeps taking 4-6 huge hits a game.

With him improving though, I may not think he'll be the complete bust I thought he would be a month ago, I'm now reverting back to my pre-draft thoughts of what he'd become.  Around the 20th best QB in the league, someone not good enough to carry teams to true SB contention but probably not bad enough for us to cut bait and move on from him.

I said before the draft that I thought he'd end up being the Marvin Lewis of QB's, I think that still looks like his ceiling to me.

1 minute ago, poundaway said:

Chubba up the gut 2x on the goaline is some pretty bad play calling.  He's not a bruiser.  Seriously WTF.

On discord we were pissed about it. How do you not throw the ball three times there at least off of play action? You telling me you don’t trust BY 3 times to get you in? This season is about his development and all of our previous play calling this season has told us we weren’t going to run it in like that on that drive. 

• Pie 3

The other part of this that gives you some hope with Bryce is that he's been steadily playing better despite nothing else around him being noticeably better: ongoing poor offensive line play, same limited receiving corp, unimaginative playcalling. So to think of the potential when those other elements come together (hopefully) inspires some optimism for the future.

• Pie 1