• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

This isn't Bryce Youngs fault

Brent Gregory

Just now, Waldo said:

All he had to do was half the combine stuff to make his hype disappear so yeah he played his part and made it way worse for himself.

Too much blame for the Teppers, FO and coaching staff to really matter.

I can't blame a guy for not showing up to tank his stock. Honestly, I don't think it would've mattered anyway. Tepper was smitten.

• Pie 3

10 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It's honestly not. He can't help that he's 5'10" 180 with a noodle arm. There's only so much you can make up for. This gaffe is on the talent evaluators.

This isn’t Scott Fitterers fault.  He isn’t capable of evaluating talent and he was just put in this position by David Tepper.  Lol

• Beer 1

15 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

He put on weight to try and fool teams, then refused to compete at the combine. He's not completely responsible, but he definitely has a hand in what we're seeing now. 

Agreed. The combine thing still urks me and the way the season has played out just makes it look worse. 

Here’s the thing about that test. I don’t necessarily think the S2 test is worthless. Might be, but maybe not. 

The thing is…”processing speed” only matters if you are athletic enough to play in the NFL. 

Young isn’t half the athlete Corral is. Their arms aren’t even comparable.

And Corral isn’t even in the league anymore. Not even sure he’s alive tbh. 

2 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

This isn’t Scott Fitterers fault.  He isn’t capable of evaluating talent and he was just put in this position by David Tepper.  Lol

I mean, honestly you're not wrong even if you're trying to be a smartass. Everything football related has tanked since Tepper came aboard. He's the root of the problem.

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, Waldo said:

All he had to do was half the combine stuff to make his hype disappear so yeah he played his part and made it way worse for himself.

Too much blame for the Teppers, FO and coaching staff to really matter.

Don't ever pick a QB #1 with obvious physical limitations and who ducks the combine.

Stupid move

• Pie 2
  • Flames 2

9 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I can't blame a guy for not showing up to tank his stock. Honestly, I don't think it would've mattered anyway. Tepper was smitten.

I can. It was a good move to get that #1 money but he may have screwed himself in the ling run. Can you imagine if he went in the 2nd and didn't have that trade hanging over his name forever?