• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Young is very similar to Drew Brees but Panthers nation should be patient

Lame Duck

2 minutes ago, Jay Roosevelt said:

Great post. I'm ashamed of how a large portion of this fan base has treated Bryce. Yet I guarantee you if/when he turns it around and develops into a franchise QB these same fans will be wearing his jersey.

I'm not even saying that it's a sure bet that he's going to work out, but you don't give up on the #1 pick in the draft after half his rookie season, especially when the team around him is so awful.

He wasn't even signing autographs at camp at first until I'm guessing some PR person got on him about it. I'm not sold on his aw shucks persona, while everyone during the pre draft was trying to bash CJ for his S2 score and coming from a single parent home etc. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, The Lobo said:

I thought a big reason SD traded him was bc his shoulder got wrecked? 

They offered him a contract but it was incentive laden and pissed off Brees and they mutually agreed to part ways. Brees also said his shoulder injury helped him long run because he couldn't throw so all he did was work on his footwork. Brees has the exact same "tip toe" release Bryce has which he really mastered after the Chargers. 

Bryce needs to sit and watch. What was touted as his super power which was quick processing and decision making was serious lacking today. He looks scared when pressured and takes sacks when he could throw the ball away. Throwing two pick sixes on the same route is unexcusable

Maybe he will end up great and no one  is abandoning him but honestly he regressed tonight against a defense that gave up 40 points  in its last 3 games. I think Bryce isn't going to get better until he sees how it should be done. Something he can do watching Dalton.

• Pie 1

25 minutes ago, Lame Duck said:

I was at the game today and Panthers fans were booing Young and screaming at him the entire game.  It was pretty disgusting.  What did I do?  I bought Bryce jersey instead. 

Back in March, I wanted Stroud.  I said he was the most NFL ready player in the draft and I got absolutely pooed on.  I’m telling you now that Bryce will be very special but Panthers fans need to be patient.

During the path to draft, Bryce was compared to Drew Brees and so far, he looks identical.  You might think I’m crazy but hear me out.  In first three season in the NFL, Drew Brees averaged per game 200 yards passing, 1 TD,  1 interceptions, and rating of 73. These stats are nearly identical to Bryce Young (Bryce is actually better).  San Diego got impatient and dumped Brees and the rest is history.

You might say well Bryce and Brees are not the same but actually, their playing style is absolutely identical.

Here are Brees highlight from 2018.  Even in his prime, Brees needed to step into his throws to generate velocity but there are some big differences.  Brees feet and release.  Brees takes three rapid steps and uncorks the bullet.

Bryce footwork is a complete nightmare.  He is very heavy footed.  He needs to be lighter on his feet.  Bryce legit takes one step back and barely moves.  He also takes too long to uncork.  He does not read the field yet and not because he’s a slow processor but because the game will need to slowdown for him just like it did with Brees.

All I will say about Bryce, please be patient or we’ll end up like San Diego.

Also, please stop trashing Burns.  Today I saw why they refusing to trade him.  Dude is a role model when cameras are not on him.  He always talks to everyone on defense, he brings total energy during defensive break.  Him and Brown are very very tight.  Burns also very active with the fans and responds to folks when they call his name.

IMG_6509.jpeg

Nicole got about twelve burners on here

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

21 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

Refresher of Brees' in SD -- just know that these are highlights, not lowlights.  

Drew Brees' career was likely made by the change in illegal contact in 2004. He blew up right after that change. Not being able to rough up receivers and being forced to let them run free allowed his best traits to shine.