• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A thought I had about Scott while taking a sh*t

SaltAndPepper

Why delay firing Fitterer?

I don't want to hand him 6 more Draft picks to waste and ask him to resolve the Burns issue (he either has to hand him an albatross contract or Franchise Tag and trade him this offseason).

Do a proper search for a GM, give him full control over the football decisions and let him do his job. 

• Pie 1

38 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

We have the least talented overall roster in the NFL in my opinion.  No matter how much you try to blame others besides Fitterer, there is no world where a GM who has been here for years shouldn't be replaced first and foremost.

That plus a lack of assets as in no 1st this year and no 2nd the following…

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, SaltAndPepper said:

Hear me out... But do we really want to fire Scott?

The whole reason we ended up getting Scott in the first place is because there was already a coach in place, and no one wanted to come here as a GM without having roster control (think cereal without milk). If we fire Scott we're just going to keep on having this cycle of perpetual firing of 

*It's the GM*
*It's the coach that needs to be fired*

I'd rather give Reich and Scott until the ended of Bryce's second year (2024). By then, we'll have a full two seasons to know if Bryce is the guy. If not, fire both of them and then use the 1st rounder you have in 2025, trade JC/ Derrick Brown for Draft capital, and there you go, you can keep rebuilding since 2018. 

TLDR: If we fire Scott only and not Reich, we'll just keep this cycle of firing one at a time. Wait until 2024 to fire both of them and bring in new faces across the board at both coach and GM. 

Lol!! Now u want to trade Derrick Brown!?? That would be the feather on the cap and a Fitterer thing to do!!! That’s why we are constantly filling holes!! No thanks ! Fire his ass!!

No. Fire Fitts and Fire Frank.  Dan Morgan?  Hahahah… that guy says Umm and Uhhh way too much for anyone in a decision making capacity.  Tepper should clean house at this point and start over.   Fitts roster is terrible and Franks scheme might be just as bad if not worse. They all suck. 

I would try to shake things up on the staff a bit this offseason. Potentially fire Reich and try to replace him with Deuce, Caldwell, or Evero to see what happens. I would make sure Scott couldn’t gamble away any assets and go into 24 like that.

We will have a 1st in 24 and a ton of cap room, we can sell off players for more picks as well and fire both GM and HC and do a full and total rebuild the right way into 25.

Tough to judge coaches and GM's when they don't even have a combined 50% of say on final decisions.  Nothing that we have done comes from football people. 

You don't trade a top 3 back and a top 15 receiver (with top 5 upside), to get a handful of picks including the overall pick. who Bryce would have out preform an anamoly (Drew Brees was small dude), to make the pick worth it.

In a down draft you take what falls and worse case you get high pick in a draft that has a few franchise players.

There is no way the Analytics have been leading the way, a mediocre dude that got lucky is making decisions that are outside of his comprehension .