• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Albert Breer: both Reich and Fitterer back in ‘24

TheSpecialJuan

I mean, it kind of makes sense, in the sense that 2024 is owned by them anyway.

You give a much cleaner and fairer slate to any new regime coming in in 2025 doing it this way.

If you bring in a new team for next year they burn one of their years cleaning up the mess made by someone else, which reduces your competitiveness for candidates for that reason but also because it makes Tepper look impulsive

• Pie 9

Unfortunately I see both of them coming back for 2024 as an increasingly more likely scenario. Both need to be gone together, or both retained. We have yet to clean house appropriately. Dave has kept a GM, let go the Head Coach, kept the Head Coach, fired the GM. The half-ass approach is part of the reason we are where we are currently. I tend to agree with the poster above… Scott and Frank have already made their bed in 2024. The purge will be next offseason most likely when results are much of the same. Let and new GM and Head Coach come in with a clean slate and their 1st round pick. Even then, going to be hard to attract top candidates with Dave at the helm. He likely has one of, if not the worst, reputations across the coaching ranks and front office/personnel folks. 

• Pie 6

1 hour ago, OnlyPantherFaninMaine said:

Unfortunately I see both of them coming back for 2024 as an increasingly more likely scenario. Both need to be gone together, or both retained. We have yet to clean house appropriately. Dave has kept a GM, let go the Head Coach, kept the Head Coach, fired the GM. The half-ass approach is part of the reason we are where we are currently. I tend to agree with the poster above… Scott and Frank have already made their bed in 2024. The purge will be next offseason most likely when results are much of the same. Let and new GM and Head Coach come in with a clean slate and their 1st round pick. Even then, going to be hard to attract top candidates with Dave at the helm. He likely has one of, if not the worst, reputations across the coaching ranks and front office/personnel folks. 

All of this, I’ve been saying it for weeks

I think most likely scenario is they are both brought back for next year, but both are gone by Week 6, if not earlier.

You’re just not going to get quality candidates interested in the jobs with the outlook of next year unless Bryce drastically improves over the rest of the season (and if that happens, it’s harder to fire Reich anyways).

Everyone wants the quick fix, but sometimes you just have to take your lumps and grow.  We’re taking our lumps next year, don’t put that on a new HC and GM and ruin them too, you let the creators of this mess go down with the ship.

Draft a new QB with our first in 2025, trade Bryce for whatever anyone will give us, and move on from this terrible chapter in franchise history 

Edited by tukafan21
  • Pie 4

6 hours ago, amcoolio said:

Fitterrer has been absolutely disastrous in the draft, one of the worst track records in NFL history, there's no way you can let him make the picks in 2024

I think that you may be being a bit hyperbolic. Where Fitterer has been taken to the woodshed is in his pro deals. I'm highly skeptical of his valuations. Perhaps it's because he's mostly been well behind the sticks due to pressure, I don't know, but he hasn't been good. He has been Santa Claus to other GMs.