• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton: Tepper wants Belichick

TheSpecialJuan

I'm strongly against Belichick for various reasons, but one thing that could make me get more onboard with the potential move is if he could lure Dante Scarnecchia out of retirement. Scarnecchia has never put a below average OL on the field, and there is plenty of talent on the OL here to work with. I'd argue he's the greatest non-HC coach in NFL history. That would help Bryce and the offense significantly. But he's 75 and retired 3 years ago so it's a huge stretch.

12 minutes ago, cookinbrak said:

Hear me now and understand me later- Belicek didn't win any SBs.

Tom Brady did.

nah Belichick def gets the credit on the first one and probably the second against us even tho Jake outplayed him in the SB. But yeah that was 20 years ago and the game has passed him by. Dont think he would fare well here

32 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Doesn't matter what Tepper wants. Bill can retire on his own schedule in New England and they are stinking enough to have a shot at a top QB prospect. 

Why come here?

I'm not saying he wants to be here, but there is a chance that New England is ready for a fresh start.  Bill might not get the chance to coach that top QB prospect.

36 minutes ago, Johnstonny said:

as you can currently see...Bilicheat isn't sht without a qb....which, is our position...

I actually agree with this, but feel that BY could be deadly in a quick strike offense.  Brady was masterful at hitting precise targets to WR running timing routes.  He did not have the biggest arm, but he was incredibly accurate.  BY has the skillset, precision and brain, to pull that off.  

A 6’7” HOF Tight End wouldn’t hurt either. 

• Pie 1

I hope Tepper isn't fooled into this:

Through Week 10 of the 2023 NFL season, Belichick has a record of just 82-98 without Brady as his quarterback. That's good for a winning percentage of just . 463 and pales in comparison to what Belichick has achieved with his long-time quarterback.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/bill-belichick-record-without-tom-brady-patriots-coach/f1cd460945da9e1716173598#:~:text=Bill Belichick record without Tom,with his long-time quarterback.

19 minutes ago, 52Beast said:

I actually agree with this, but feel that BY could be deadly in a quick strike offense.  Brady was masterful at hitting precise targets to WR running timing routes.  He did not have the biggest arm, but he was incredibly accurate.  BY has the skillset, precision and brain, to pull that off.  

A 6’7” HOF Tight End wouldn’t hurt either. 

Yep