• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What a game by Bryce

DeSim

41 minutes ago, rodeo said:

Only a handful of posters on the board didn't give in to the hatewagon and stayed positive to neutral about Bryce's prospects. Kudos to them but I'm afraid it's not enough. Even if he ends up great, we have several years of sunk cost fallacy to look forward to where people continue to yell that Bryce is terrible because they won't be able to admit they were wrong in season 1.

In fact @Bear Hands suspended me multiple times for defending him. 

19 minutes ago, jb2288 said:

I’m so tired of hearing this. It lacks all context. Anyone who has actually watched the games saw clear as day that yes, Bryce had issues but he was far from the biggest thing holding the team back. Some people like to say the QB is fully responsible for the offense and if that’s your angle then ok I guess this argument works, but I don’t subscribe to that and think it’s clear the context mattered. It isn’t a coincidence he has gotten better every week since Tabor took over. 

Your rookie QB who had a dated offensive scheme, statistically a top 5 bottom OL, and statistically least separation by a WR corp in the league struggled. What a revelation. 

Once we adapted our offensive scheme and added modern concepts the OL, WR, and QB have all looked better. What a revelation. 

it’s literally the opposite of being emotionally invested, it’s using your brain and seeing what is clear as day and backed up by the team stats 

Again. It took Bryce Young 3 months to replicate Dalton's game. Andy was running a Reich offense with the same pieces on the road. Minus newcomer Smith Marsette. And 33 rushing yards from his backfield.

See you're already applying revisionist history saying he was far from the biggest thing holding the team back when you omit the really bad turnovers. Multiple pick sixes in one game? Before today several backup undrafted QB's had been outperforming Bryce Young. It's okay to talk about this. It's okay to expect today from Bryce Young more often. He's a #1 pick. If he listened to any of you he would never improve. That's a gut check for ya.

Edited by frankw
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1

14 minutes ago, jb2288 said:

I’m so tired of hearing this. It lacks all context. Anyone who has actually watched the games saw clear as day that yes, Bryce had issues but he was far from the biggest thing holding the team back. Some people like to say the QB is fully responsible for the offense and if that’s your angle then ok I guess this argument works, but I don’t subscribe to that and think it’s clear the context mattered. It isn’t a coincidence he has gotten better every week since Tabor took over. 

Your rookie QB who had a dated offensive scheme, statistically a top 5 bottom OL, and statistically least separation by a WR corp in the league struggled. What a revelation. 

Once we adapted our offensive scheme and added modern concepts the OL, WR, and QB have all looked better. What a revelation. 

it’s literally the opposite of being emotionally invested, it’s using your brain and seeing what is clear as day and backed up by the team stats 

The packers gave up 500 freakin yds last week to the Bucs.  They are also a bad to mediocre team, would it be bad if the people on the fence would like to see some consistency before we go back to making declarations about who is going to the HoF? 

6 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

The packers gave up 500 freakin yds last week to the Bucs.  They are also a bad to mediocre team, would it be bad if the people on the fence would like to see some consistency before we go back to making declarations about who is going to the HoF? 

Well he’ll get another non-profit pass defense next week

22 minutes ago, frankw said:

Again. It took Bryce Young 3 months to replicate Dalton's game. Andy was running a Reich offense with the same pieces on the road. Minus newcomer Smith Marsette. And 33 rushing yards from his backfield.

See you're already applying revisionist history saying he was far from the biggest thing holding the team back when you omit the really bad turnovers. Multiple pick sixes in one game? Before today several backup undrafted QB's had been outperforming Bryce Young. It's okay to talk about this. It's okay to expect today from Bryce Young more often. He's a #1 pick. If he listened to any of you he would never improve. That's a gut check for ya.

Dalton threw the ball 58 fuging times to get those numbers...lol 58 times. That's almost 3 full games of Bryce's attempts in 1 game and he barely got over 300. Not nearly as good as you guys are trying so hard to make it out to be. 58 attempts. sheesh.

• Pie 6
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 1

7 minutes ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

Dalton threw the ball 58 fuging times to get those numbers...lol 58 times. That's almost 3 full games of Bryce's attempts in 1 game and he barely got over 300. Not nearly as good as you guys are trying so hard to make it out to be. 58 attempts. sheesh.

Not only twice the the attempts

But the team he was facing physically had their Backups starting at CB.  With both Starters Out that game.

But the box score watchers won’t tell you that.

• Beer 3