• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Just how bad was Bryce Young?

TN05

1 minute ago, electro's horse said:

and fox had enough balls to tell the person who drafted him to fug off and benched him

I was at a camp practice in Spartanburg and I heard Fox talking to Turgevac (sp) on the field.  Clausen overthrew a receiver on a 15 yard dig and right behind him, Armanti Edwards dropped a punt lodged from a jugs gun.  Fox made some comment that was highly critical--something like "I genuinely can't believe this Sh""t.  I laughed, he looked at me and shook his head. I actually had a few very brief exchanges with Fox at OTAs and I really liked him.  The Clausen/Armanti/Eric Norwood draft was all Hurney--Fox was a dead man walking that year, if you recall.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

I honestly have no idea how bad Bryce actually was this year. The line couldn't block and the receivers couldn't get open. The scheme Reich implemented was not a fit for literally anyone on the roster not named Adam Thielen - it made everyone look bad - it wasn't just Bryce and it wasn't just because of Bryce.

Next year we'll see what we actually have with the kid. If he continues to not be able to put up stats, lick our wounds, move on for the 2025 draft.

I cannot in good faith label him a complete bust based on the dysfunction that was our offense this year.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

29 minutes ago, CRA said:

Bryce-Young.jpg

I am highly skeptical of Bryce's future and as critical as anyone, but I have to give him credit for toughness. Guy took a beating this year (a fair portion of it his own fault) and kept coming back.

8 minutes ago, Paa Langfart said:

In Weinke's defense, I remember one of his last games here in 2006 when he passed for over 400 yards.  We lost that game, but can anyone see Bryce ever passing for over 400 yards ?

27-13 defeat at the hands of the Giants in 2006. Weinke threw for 400+ but also a bunch of picks... was not a great day.

• Beer 1

Atleast Weinke was 87 years old. Bryce is a fuging bum until proven otherwise.  16 games with 1 fuging 1 adequate nfl stat line.

Broke 200 yards 5 times

250 fuging 1 time all year

Edited by toldozer
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

13 minutes ago, Paa Langfart said:

In Weinke's defense, I remember one of his last games here in 2006 when he passed for over 400 yards.  We lost that game, but can anyone see Bryce ever passing for over 400 yards ?

It was probably the worst 400 yard game in NFL history. He threw the ball 61 times and had three picks, we only ran 12 times all day, and we lost by 14.

The highlight of his career was probably leading a game-winning drive against Detroit in 2005 after Delhomme had an injury.

27 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

and fox had enough balls to tell the person who drafted him to fug off and benched him

To be fair, Fox was on his way out the door and had nothing to lose.